Ok. First let me start off by saying I have no clue what I am doing and learning as I go. Trying to be more involved with the family business since my dad got sick. So here goes problem # 1 We have a case 580E backhole that was having a problem starting. Figured it was the keyswitch or the neutral safety switch. My dad had it wired up so he can place a wire under the batter cable and go around and take his knife to start it. (I feel this totally unsafe). I ordered a new keyswitch and remove the old one. Now I have a wiring harness and a single wiring hang down. I hooked the wiring harness up and it left a post open On the switch. I placed the single wire on the open post figuring I was doing right. Backhole started. Went to reinstall it in the space And now the keyswitch won't fit because the single wire is too short. Removed the single wire, backhole still started. Is the single wire important or does it even go to the keyswitch?? Please help me out! J
Hi I don't know if this will help. Coleman equipment has wiring diagrams online. Try this link http://www.colemanequip.com/Case-58...-TEST-SWITCH-AND-SOLENOID-0WbR/?#partdiagrams Ron
A parts book would most likely have the information you are looking for. They usually have the wire routing and the color codes that are on them in good detail. Hopefully one of the members has one and can copy what you need and post it. Or here is a link to the full set of 580E manuals on CD. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-580E-S...y_Equipment_Parts&hash=item338419c54e&vxp=mtr