Hello all, I always feel bad because I end up on forums only when i run into an issue. I am seeking some expertise again... We are doing a complete service on a 216 skidsteer that is new to us. However, we cannot find ANYWHERE for the hydraulic fluid to drain. Anyone know if there is a drain valve or does it need pumped out? We have had multiple eyes on it and looked everywhere. We have called parts and service desks and no one answers..... I searched the forums and cannot find anything on the 216. I showed them other responses thinking maybe it would be similar but nothing can be found. I don't have the manual, was going to purchase one but also not sure if it's listed or will help. Desperate as we have a lot of $$ in the fluid and filter to change it but this is the last item and it's just sitting around at the moment. Serial # is *4NZ01302* Thanks in advance!
I suspect that it may be like this. The parts manual didn't help. https://www.justanswer.com/heavy-eq...r-246-skid-steer-vehical-hydraulic-fluid.html
Here's the extract from the Manual. I take it you don't have one.? You can download a pdf copy for $49 for Cat Publications. Go to - https://catpublications.com/ When the popup appears click on "Continue as Guest" Type SEBU7468 in the box and click Search. The illustration below should appear.
Thank yoU!
Thank you so much for the link and excerpt! those instructions are what the link that heymccall posted as well but i wasn't sure if it was also relevant to the 216. The instructions don't seem to match the machine (at least according to my husband.. i'm the wife that deals with online stuff.lol). We just got the machine recently so i haven't gotten the manual and I was going to but I wanted to make sure it would have the info i need and also that we were going to keep the machine... we have a habit of selling our stuff and upgrading constantly. haha
Yeah, that instruction piece just doesn't seem to fit the machine (216). There doesn't seem to be a drain hose anywhere. The illustration are also a little hard to follow since they are up close. I took a pic of ours. There are 2 hoses coming out the bottom of the tank that we probably in theory could drain from but it will all drain into the bottom of the machine. Lol they aren't in good places. A hose would make sense but we also can't locate a hole in the floor as mentioned and there is a skid plate too that we would have to get under to remove I guess.. It's odd that it's so complicated to drain!
Here a a few diagrams from the parts manual that may help you locate your hydraulic tank drain hose ... if you have one. I am not sure which model of 216 you have but this manual includes the 216B model. Yes, you will have to remove the access panel in the belly guard underneath the machine to get to the drain hose. I had to remove about 3 to 4 inches of dirt and debris from my belly pan before I could find my drain hose ... you might a have a similar situation.
This is the parts manual that the drain hose diagrams came from: