Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help!!! identifying bucket

dieselfume ยท 2008-10-25 22:40

Hi Guys, I bought a 4 in 1 bucket at an auction hoping it would fit my machine, it almost does. It has a quick tach type mounting but it will not accept a machine with a flat front plate (mine). There are center reinforcing ribs on the bucket that prevent the machine mounting plate from coming up tight against the bucket. I'm trying to find out what machine this was meant for and/or the manufacturer of the bucket. It has no markings or name tags, 88" inside, 3' high x 3' deep. Profile seems way too high to be for a skid steer, looks like a backhoe or loader bucket. Any ideas? It would be real easy to just notch out the ribs so it would work. It is heavily built so I'm not concerned about weakening it especially with the size of the machine but I amtrying to decide whether to just sell it as is or cut the notch and keep it. Except for some weather rust it is new.

Replies6
  1. #1bigblueox2008-10-25 22:59

    looks like a gehl bucket to me. they have a non- flate plate for some of their bigger machines.

  2. #2humboldt deere2008-10-26 11:45

    maybe for a deere 110?

  3. #3dieselfume2008-10-26 12:46

    Thanks guys, Looks to me like the Gehl All Tach will work but it seems like it is only used on their skid type machines and this bucket would be difficult going over on a front entry machine. My guess is from the Deere 110 pictures I was able to find that it was probably made for that machine. I'll have to take a look at one in person. Right now I'm leaning toward notching and keeping it. Wondering what it is worth new. I paid 910. Any ideas on who made the bucket? Thanks again!

  4. #4Steve Frazier2008-10-26 13:51

    If you knotch the ribs, I would weld a piece of square tubing between the cut ribs both top and bottom to bridge some of the strength you'll take out of it when cutting those ribs.

  5. #5dieselfume2008-10-26 18:05

    Steve, Yeah I was going to weld cross members just in case, what you can't see well in the pics is that even if it is notched down to the flat plates there is still close to 50% of the rib remaining. It is much sturdier than the bobcat bucket that came with the machine. My main concern with it having a grapple would be that if you snatched up something heavy on only one side that it might twist. Good suggestion!

  6. #6Bob Horrell2008-10-26 21:41

    It is not for a Deere 110. I have one and it doesn't look anything like that one. Also, the 110 4in1 is only 72" wide.