I have three Cat EL models that id like to identify. I have already reached out to my two closest Cat locations and they were uninterested in helping. These are my first ever Cat machines so I dont know where to look for all the build tags. The tags ive found so far are on the two EL240 models, ive yet to find a tag anywhere on the one EL300 model. PIN *GMG01183* PIN *GMF00199* Serial *1CK06093* Serial *1MK09099* The engine tags are all illegible but I can tell the model at least.
Can you post photos of the PIN plates please.
The E & EL machine were Caterpillars first Asian built machines. Sometime in the mid 80s Cat bought out Mitsubishi construction and the E series was really nothing but Mitsubishi machines painted Cat colors. Many of then, if you scratched the paint you would find Mitsubishi green underneath. I knew several companies in our area who bought them and the local Cat dealer didn't want to work on them. The B series was an actual Caterpillar designed machine and had a lot of improvements.
Thanks for the replies so far. I will get back to the machines by the weekend to get the best pictures of the PIN plates. Have to rub some dark crud into what's left of the imprinted parts and hope the camera can get a good shot. The response I got from the Cat dealers I contacted was "those are Mitsubishi", so that would fall in line with what you say. Ive always heard great praise about Cat supporting their machines into old age, ill have to reach out further than I did and hopefully find a dealer that supports all Cat products.
Without confirmed/correct machine Serial (PIN) Numbers all I can say is that both the EL240 and EL300 models, or at least some of them, appear in the online parts & service system.
Thanks for the reply. I got back to the machines today and couldn't make anything of the tags, just too worn away to identify certain characters like G or C. I have a local farmer who wants them for his operation so im going to sell them as I didn't really need them to begin with. Owner of them said they ran when they got parked because the quarry couldn't renew permits. That was 9 years ago and while they did start and move for me they are rough and tired.