Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help identifying part on 345BL

Jeremy Whittaker · 2022-11-30 22:52

I've got this part that mounts to the top of my engine that is leaking anti-freeze that I'm trying to identify. It mounts to the block of the engine and has a line that runs to the radiator and the turbo. I'm not sure if it contains a gasket or rubber seal that is worn out. I'm trying to identify the part so I can blow it up in SIS and see if there is any rubber in it that can be replaced. Any help identifying it would be much appreciated.

Replies8
  1. #1Coaldust2022-11-30 23:01

    Those are NPT threads. No rubber bits needed.

  2. #2Jeremy Whittaker2022-11-30 23:05

    So just take it apart and throw some pipe tape in there? It looks like it might be leaking from #1 I'm not so sure that comes apart.

  3. #3Coaldust2022-11-30 23:19

    You think the pressed in nipple is leaking on fitting #1? You could easily locate a new one or braze/solder that connection. 3/8” male NPT to 1/4” hose barb, maybe?

  4. #4heymccall2022-11-30 23:28

    Your 1 (#45) removes from your 2 (#48). #45 is your leaking elbow.

  5. #5Jeremy Whittaker2022-11-30 23:31

    Thanks!

  6. #6Bluox2022-12-04 16:46

    You need a # 32 clamp hose. Bad Bob

  7. #7Shimmy12022-12-04 18:59

    Jeez this thing seems to be a basket case.

  8. #8Jeremy Whittaker2022-12-04 21:52

    I paid 15k for it and it's 24 years old. I wasn't expecting it to be as pristine as my Phantom lol