I need a left hand door for my "new" grader. I have called all the advertised equipment salvage people and I am not having any luck so far. The original part #2D3746 Last part #6D6604 Opening for door is about 25 1/4 X 63 1/4 Grader serial #12K01887 1972 14E
I dont know if they carry it but go to your local Cat dealer i just sold my 112 cat grader with gas putt motor and our cat dealership here could get all the parts i inquired about especially since you have the serial # just take it there and you never know
Worth a look calling around, Noticed a few in WA, close-ish to get shipped up to ya. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...ETID=3&Manu=CATERPILLAR&Mdltxt=14E&mdlx=exact
I've been trying for years to find a good door for my 12. Very tough. The last time I checked it was still available from Cat For $1400.00 as a bare shell, that is no hinge, latch, glass or paint. It looks like it might be the same door.
go to machinerytrader.com parts section and punch in the number. I am sure it will bring up something. A door from any Cat No. 14 should work except for the G series and up.
cletus may be it's time to fire up the welder and build one. Just had glass put in a door cost 290.00 Cheers Gravey
It's A Needle In A Haystack! I've been a customer of NC Cat for almost 40 years and now when I walk in the door the parts dept LOL :beatsme I am always asking for a discontinued (obsolete) part! I am amazed at what they can still get. They thought they found a door but it was to short. I have exausted the US & Finning Cat resourses first. That was Nov & Dec 2010. Then I started calling all the Equipment Trader leads and other internet leads but no one had a cab let alone a door. If any of them had a complete cab I would probably buy it. One salvage fella said $1500 for the cab if he had one. Florin in Sacramento found some light brackets for me. They almost always have what I need. I've been getting Cat Classic parts also for this machine. So what I do now is keep a sharp eye out! On my travels around the west this winter I stop anywhere I see some old Iron and use my binoculars to spot a 14E maybey!Very elusive! My favorite fab shop will make one in the spring.He will spend less time making a new one than I have spent looking for one, that is for sure!:Banghead Shoot,I found this one this weekend! 1K140S.P. If you know where this grader is I know you swill beer
Hello. You could try our local salvage yard; Cambrian Equipment here in Winnipeg 204 667 2867. They have a little bit of everything. Good luck. If you have the right hand door it shouldnt be that hard to make another one.
I'm must be getting old but that looks like the area northwest of Tucson AZ around the old Silver Bell Mine
Close Enough! Parker, AZ at the Desert Bar at the old Nellie B mine. :beerchug
Cletus: did you check out the post on the Old Iron section on 12-29-10 called Old Equipment Wrecking Yard they may have what you are looking for. They are located near Boise ID
contact rays used equipment in nocona, tx. They should have what u need. Ask for Robin he will help ya out !!!
Just go to a builders supply and get a sheet of plywood and some plexiglass.Barn door hinges and latch.
2stickbill, I can tell buy your truck that you would never settle for a fix like that! I will fab a door in the spring and post a picture. You are a man after my heart with that signature. I have a LW900 Kenworth with a 400 HP 3406 with 6" staight pipes, 6X4. My faverite cigar, Macanudo Maduro or Rocky Patel "EL President'e":cool2
No I wouldn't go for that fix unless it was winter time.When it is very cold I'll do anything to keep the cold out till I find the right door. I drove a Pete with a 400 Cummins and 5X4 with Jake and 6inch straights.Loud enough to wake the dead with a D8R and Jake talking. The one in the pic had a 475 C15 twin Turbos and 18 speed.I like the 5X4 better.As for Cigars I have tried a lot of different ones.Cheap ones no good.Real good ones cost to much so I stick with the middle ones.lol. The CAT in the pic was a D8T.I didn't even use the extra axle.
http://www.tractorparts.com/ Try this guy.I see a lot os 12s but no 14s.But he might have one are can hook you up.Holt Cat has a used parts program their web site is easy to find.Some of these people will help you find one if they don't have it.
Nice lookin ol blade. I had one that I sold to a guy up the road when the engine started needing more than I wanted to put into it.he bought it, ran some kind of huck pucky through it to slow the oil from migrating to the coolant, & ran it for a while. I saw him working on it at a job the other day. Maybe it's finally done, he might have a door and a whole lot more for sale in NW WA. I did love that blade though, good luck.
I talked to tractor parts last month and although their online parts said they had a door the parts woman said that database is 10 or 12 years old and they use a totaly different system. They have'nt had a 14 for a long time. My NC CAT dealer in Alaska finds me parts but no luck on this door. Finning also no luck. Florin in Sacramento has lots of parts, I got some light brackets and seals from them.
My fix for cold is, I stay in Palm Springs untill it is warmer in Alaska. Golf clubs and Harley handlebars in winter, levers and wrenches in summer My avatar dumptruck has a 475 C-15 18 speed. I traded a 1/2 gallon of Crown Royal for the 6" stacks on my "Hobby Truck". They were to loud for his 400 Cummins! Look at www.cheapercigars.com
I ran a 14E on the Trans Alaska Pipeline,night shift, in the early 70's and this one reminded me of those days. The real blademen had the new 14G's. I was very happy to get off my 641. This blade has been sitting for 11 years. They rebuilt the 3306 then blew a gear in the tranny so there it sat.Was yours a standard transmision. I will be transiting Bellingham to catch the ferry so would defenitly be interested in looking at your old blade.
It seems they would update every now and then.Think it would help their sales.Gripes me to see the parts I need then call hear them say sold that years ago.
It was a power shift.let me know when you're coming through the area if you are interested in that blade. By the way, my dad (who I bought the blade from) used to work on the north slope too. I don't know if heran one of these up there, he did tell me about the 16 g's, that's a big blade I'd love to play with.
New Door & Many Other Parts We fabricated a new door that fits really good & tight.Fixed several leaks and put new Bridgestones on. I'm very happy the way it's coming together. It's kind of sloppy in blade of course but have installed some shims and will replace more parts in the spring.
Could you post a closer picture of the door?? Really looks sharp to me, what did you make it out of and where did you get the glass and handles lock mech etc, looks sharp and nice tires, i just today got 2 18x25 tires i ordered weeks ago and am still looking for 4 more, tires are a pain in the rear nowdays for sure, will you build up the balls with BU 90 to get them back to specs?? My 16 needs some build up or to find a source of the replament balls and arc gouge them out and weld new ones in, hate to price them to to tell the truth, everything is nla or too high seems like on my blade these days, thanks for the pictures, we had a 14e direct drive but it did not have that rops on it like your does, nice!!!!!
I have to resize the close up pics of the door. I'm having trouble with that. The door is aluminum and the glass was installed by my local glass shop for $300. My CAT dealer had the handle and latch. I lucked out with the tires. The city bought a new 140M and put Michelin Snow Grippers on and so I got these below cost.13X24 are more common than your tires. I have a friend with a loader with 18X25's and had a devil of a time finding one. I also need advice on the ball replacement. I will use Florin Tractor Parts in Sacramento CA if they have the balls and other parts. I'll tackle that in the spring. I've been watching your posts with interest,good luck!
http://www.greatbend.com/weller/parts.htm Next time this source may be of help. Good job on the door! Alan
New Door
Working on Brakes This Week
I'm in the process of doing the same thing for the first time (brakes) ,that looks like the rig to have, what kind of power does it take to get them to seperate? I made a press but 20 tons didnt budge it, do you think 50 would be enough or is it worse than that? Might have to get the cat mechanic out with that tool.......
Well I'm having trouble getting the wheels off!My gauge says I'm pulling 100 tons but we decided the packing in the cylinder is screwed up. The cylinder is at the hydraulic shop getting repaired. We pulled on all four wheels with no luck. Two rose buds heating the hub and a 90 lb jack hammer rattling and no luck. The puller and power pack is cat, Service manual spec is 30 tons when pushing them back on. Keep me posted on your progress.
Finally got one off yesterday, the blade I'm working on is a 720 champion. I tried the rose bud thing but after measuring heat on the spindle and the drum with a heat gun it seemed that the better metal of the spindle absorbed heat and held it longer than the cast material of the drum. What I did was ordered bolts long enough from fastenal to get a 20 ton jack behind a plate that I made. I finally tried a different jack yesterday and was able to max it out, then hit it with a 10lb hammer about 3 times and it split. going to try the 2nd one today.
Finally got one off yesterday, the blade I'm working on is a 720 champion. I tried the rose bud thing but after measuring the heat with a temp gun it seemed that the better metal of the spindle absorbed heat and held it longer than the cast material of the drum. What I did was ordered bolts long enough from fastenal to get a 20 ton jack behind a plate that I made. I finally tried a different jack yesterday and was able to max it out, then hit it with a 10lb hammer about 3 times and it split. going to try the 2nd one today. I was able to do it cold though. I did try several different methods to sheild the spindle from getting heat but it transferrred anyway.
That is exactly what was recommended to me by an old mechanic in Whitehorse, Yukon. I have a spindle nut coming so I can ruin it if necessary, then I will get after it with a sledge! The 14E Cat has a counterweighted center that also absorbed the heat to fast.
I Finally Got the Wheels Off I borrowed a 70 ton CAT cylinder so with my power-pak the wheels came off at just over 30 tons. I put new slave cylinders on (8) and a few new springs and lines. I've got great brakes now!
Good deal, Whats cat getting for slave cylinders these days?
I got them from Florin Tractor Parts in Sacramento CA. They were $45 each which I thought was a good deal.
Check with schaffers enterprises inc. 800-626-6046 illinois. They will have almost any part for any machine