Hi i have a Komatsu pc25 its about 16 years old can anyone tell me how many Hydraulic filters it has i can only find one in the Hydraulic tank, the problem is i changed the Filter 12 months ago put new oil in but the hydraulics have been very very slow to move ever since not sure if they gave me the right oil they just pulled it off the shelf i was told to use Engine oil SAE 10W-30 in the hydraulic system any help appreciated.
We always used AW46 around here and many used AW32. We didn't have any PC25s in my territory though. Komatsu to my knowledge only used one hydraulic oil filter which is mounted in the tank.
Thank you very much i changed the hydraulic oil a while back but it hardly moves now i was told wrong oil they gave me or change the filter again does that sound right it used to work good
I checked one of my older books which does call for SAE10 or SAE10-30 oil. I doubt that is your problem then. I think you have a gray market machine to North America so calling the dealer likely won't be much help either. Maybe someone here will be familiar with the machine and be able to help.
You need to check your pressures first. Pilot pressure good? Did you change pilot system filter?
Hi when I changed the oil over 12 months a go they gave me Hydraulic oil I was told it won’t work it has to be 10w30 engine oil also what is the pilot system filter thank you
On most machinrs you have pilot hydraulic system filter. If you follow the hose from your pilot pump, first thing that you hit is the filter.
Hi where would i find the pilot pump thank you
Hi i just looked there is a big hose that goes to the Hydraulic oil tank then i see a long filter in the tank
Hi does your book show where the pilot hydraulic filter is situated there is a long one in the tank is there any other filter for the PC25 model ic PC25 IE
Pilot filter is much smaller than your main hydraulic filter. It is smaller than a car oil filter. It will be in the thick metal case because it is on a pressure side. Your pilot pump is normally bolted on your main pump.
Thank you very much is the main pump the thing with all the hoses coming off it near the motor
Yes, you are correct. My friend, I don't want to be rude. But You have to to have at least some basic knowledge on hydraulics and mechanics. This way you will never sort out your problem. Better call in somebody who knows about these machines.
Hi i know about mechanical s as i have 4 tractors on my farm which i fix and been around cars all my life and once i know where the pilot filter is i can fix it Regards farmer
OK, I had closer look. In your case pilot pump is mounted at the front PTO of the engine. So it is on opposite side of the engine from working pumps. You should have only 2 hoses coming to it. One is Suction, other one discharge. Follow the discharge one and you will come to the filter.
Komatsu doesn't use pilot filters on any of their excavators that I have ever worked on. On many of their excavators they don't have a pilot pump. Some use a pressure reducing valve at the inlet of the main control valve that shunts off some oil for the pilot system. I don't know of any excavator of any brand that mounts an external pilot pump on the front of the engine. There are differences in many brands and models of machines that were made in Asia for the North American markets opposed to those made in Europe for those markets. Keep that in mind before giving advise on what a machine might or might not have.
Fair enough John. i was giving advice on general description without serial number, you are right there. Apologies to any confusion if caused.
This is the manual I was lookin at. It clearly states what I explained. Now I apologise again if I got something wong.
Nice, I've never seen a front mounted pilot pump on a Komatsu but like I said above, lots of things are different between here and there. I'll look for it on this side of the pond now.
I guess we will find out when PO comes back from his search
hi was there a pilot filter Komatsu Australia said there was but i couldnt find it also when i fill with oil do i have to bleed the hydraulic system
Well, there should be one!!! From what I know, in general, variable piston pumps need to be bled, swing motor also. Gear pumps bleed themselves. For rest of the machine just go full strokes easy for a few times. But, best is to follow written procedure in the manual. Where about in Vic are you located?
I’ve never seen a case drain filter on a Komatsu. You do have to bleed the pumps. Crack the fittings on the case drain hoses that go back to the tank to release the air from the pumps.
I am Ballarat area is this the pilot filter square thing with hoses going in to it
It's usually round shaped. Did you find pilot pump?
Hi no couldn’t find it I messaged Komatsu Australia they sent me this
here's figure 0731 showing the pilot pump mounted to the front of the engine. the strainer (number 11) looks like it is mounted to the inlet side of the ppc lock|travel speed block. here's the illustration of the ppc lock| travel speed block for reference. hope this helps.
Thank you i will have another look regards Anthony
did you find it?
Hi I found this here is a picture would there be a filter in there
Just checked it no filter in there
you're looking in the wrong place. find the supply line from the pilot pump on the front of the engine, and follow it to the block with the two solenoids on it. the filter screen is inside of a barrel sort of fitting. i have a komatsu pc28uu-2 with the same strainer assembly, but different solenoid block here at the moment for repair. i'll try to take a photograph of the strainer assembly tomorrow during the day. you might have to pull the floor board to find it.
Thank you very much much appreciated if you could take a photo
ran out of daylight so here's a crappy after dark photo. the strainer is inside the fitting circled in red. here's an image from the parts book detailing the assembly.
Hi I found this would this be it it’s under the front floor I followed the small pipes from the tank it goes in to a square thing
Photo
Photo
Photo
That's it. The "square thing" is the valve block for the safety lock lever, and the two speed travel button. Edit to add; here's some documentation for your machine. https://isurplus.com.au/manuals/Komatsu PC45-1 User Manual.pdf https://isurplus.com.au/manuals/Komatsu PC45-1 Service Manual.pdf https://777parts.org/a1/#?k=!0!1!2173 (hopefully that leads you to the correct section, if not choose excavators -> pc25-1 s/n 1001 and up from the left column)
Hi yes found it the sieve looked clean so I what I will do is put a new filter in the tank and buy some 10w30 car oil and put back in it the what’s the best way to bleed it as it had slow hydraulics thank you
i'd start with page 20-69, then move onto pages 20-26, 20-30, and 20-32 of https://isurplus.com.au/manuals/Komatsu PC45-1 Service Manual.pdf before spending more money on guesses.
Thank you very much for all your help its been much appreciated
Hi one more question how much hydraulic oil does the PC25 take someone said 70 litres does that sound way to much thank you
see page 3-10 (133) of https://isurplus.com.au/manuals/Komatsu PC45-1 User Manual.pdf almost everything you need to know about your machine is covered in the pdfs i linked to earlier in this thread.
Thank you I need SAE 10W30 oil but most shops only sell SAE 10W20 Agritrans oil would that be ok or no good
It would depend on the environment the machine operates in. Colder temperatures need thinner oil, warmer temperatures need thicker oil. I'd use the chart I referred to earlier to make that judgement.
hi i fixed the problem why my Hydraulics were so slow and excavator was steering to one side, when i brought the excavator they said they had serviced it,after weeks of looking to see why the bucket would barely move and blade would hardly go up and down, they had filled the first tank where the filter is but never filled the rear tank it was empty so i put 40 litres of 10w30 oil in didn't even have to bleed it the hydraulic work perfectly now.