Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help Needed Purchasing Case 580C

dwall2181 ยท 2024-01-03 21:20

Hello Friends, Does this Case 580C engine sound normal? (video link below) Can't tell if the engine "ticking" sound is normal since I haven't been around these Case 207 engines and feel like I'm hearing a bit of a tick. This is a backhoe I'm considering purchasing from out of town and don't want to get a surprise. Should I be concerned? Video Link Welcome your thoughts on the machine. Thank you!

Replies2
  1. #1Mike-G2024-01-03 22:43

    I had a case 450 track loader for 18 years. It had a 207 D engine. It is a great engine that is easy to rebuild. Mine had an electrolysis pin hole in a cylinder after many years of service so I had to rebuild it. I got the whole kit from one of the ag suppliers and it wasn't too expensive. It's hard for me to tell from listening to a video so I can't help too much there. If the price is right and it's what you need I would go for it. Check the price of a rebuild kit just in case.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2024-01-04 11:21

    Looks and sounds good. Not sure what ticking noise concerning you. No smoke, hydraulics seem good. Nice machine. Need to see how it moves.