Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help needed with John Deere 250 series II!!!!!

Ddobbins ยท 2010-11-15 12:29

I have a 2004 John deere 250 series II skid steer which I purchased new and serviced and maintained regularly. The motor seems to have dropped down on the right side as if the motor mount has broken. Is anyone familiar with anything like this? I called my dealer and they told me they have never seen or heard of anything like this happening so I want someone else's opinion on this rather than taking it to the dealer just to pay them to tell me the same thing they did on the phone....any ideas on what to do with this? How to get to it??? Any ideas out there??? It is also leaking engine oil or hydraulic fluid....

Replies2
  1. #1Deereman2010-11-15 13:22

    Its not all that common that the motor mounts break but they do. Should be somewhat easy to do, not sure thoe. As far as the leak can you tell where its coming from? if the machine is dirty look for a real clean spot from where the oil my be coming from. if the machine is pretty clean whip down all the oil and then crack the machine back up and keep an eye and feel of where it may be at. Sometimes you have get the machine warm and run it around.

  2. #2motrack2010-11-16 15:05

    I have seen broken engine mounts on skid steers before. Not a common thing but it does happen. It the engine has droped low enough the oil pan may be riding on the frame of the loader and have a hole rubbed thru it or a crack causing the leak. I have seen both.