Hi All I am new to this forum, and have just bought a used bobcat s175, and found a couple things it needs but am in need of assistance. Main problem, I found the alternator leaning a bit, so I raised the seat to inspect. and found that the bottom mounting bolt (the one that goes thru both ears and thru the gear cover is missing. And there lies the problem. been to the dealer twice and cant get the answer I am looking for. So I ask you guys. How to install the alternator? It seems straight forward but I believe that I am missing a part or 2. From the diagram on bobcat site. there is a bolt a bushing and a nut that goes thru both ears and the gear cover. I was missing the bushing and the nut and bolt. So I go to bobcat to get the things I need and they don't have except for the alternator, so I have them pull the alt so I can look at it and it has the bushing in one of the ears. Is this the bushing in diagram? I thought it was so the guy at bobcat gets me a used alternator and pops it out and gives me the bushing. Great !!! So I try to install with the bushing in the alternator, the way the new one was, but there is way to much space still inbetween the alternator ears and the gear cover. So is there another bushing or spacer? even if you tighten the bolt and squeesh the bushing out of the alternator to squeeze the gear cover there is to much space so I figure either theres another bushing or spacer or the cover is damaged, I don't know ? help maybe it says in a manual or maybe someone has changed one and can tell me what I am missing? Help!!
The hole is probably worn from not having the busing. Thing about boring the hole larger and building a bushing that fits the new hole that can be pressed in to the housing. Make it zero clearance, heat the hole, cool the bushing and side it in.
I re read my post and I made it a bit confusing. the bushing fits snug in the alternator. the gap is between where you mount the alternator (gear cover) and inbetween the alternator ears. Maybe someone has a 175 or185 with a 22os and could snap a quick picture of the lower mounting bolt wear it mounts to the cover?