So I have two leaky cylinders that I am going to have rebuilt. My question is what is the best way to cap the lines and the cylinders?
don't worry about anything coming out , keep dirt from getting in ,i use sandwich bags with a tie strap
There are caps made for every type of fitting out there. What machine is it? somebody will know what style of connector you have, probably even the sizes. Duct tape works too.
I agree with Delmer, there are proper caps/plugs for all fittings. First of all, oil is not cheap, bust the connection, cap and plug it proper, don't loose any more dinosaur juice than necessary. Second, with enviro rules as they are these days, don't make a mess. Bust the connection, catch oil while disconnecting, cap and plug. I do a lot of work on job sites, have for years, I've just learned to no make a mess on someones property.
What machine and model so someone here can give you a guess as to what you need
It is a case 590 SL . steering cylinder is leaking and left stabilizer. I was thinking I might could go the rubber stopper route. I just need something I can pick up locally aka Lowes if possible
You can buy plug kits from Ebay and NAPA, I have quite a few kits in my truck.
Thanks big show I have a Napa store here I will try them
I went to Napa. I measure the fitting beforehand they are 5/8 does any one know what type of threading it is? Standard threading npt or jic or bsp?
I would assume JIC. Good luck
The Case parts pages show the 590SL and 590SL Series 2 uses 3/4-16 37 degree flare fittings on both the steer cylinder and stabilizer cylinders. The 37 degree flare fitting is JIC fitting, 3/4-16 threads makes it a #8 JIC size.