Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help! Traction lock issues

Villnow468 ยท 2021-12-18 09:47

I have a 98 bobcat 863F. The other day I stopped and got out and back in and pushed the green traction lock button and nothing happened. Would not disengage. I fiddled. Pushed it. Shut machine off. Restarted. And kept trying and it finally worked. Little bit later did the same thing. Few days later did it again when I pulled it out of the garage n stopped to hop out for a second. Got back in and pushed button and nothing. Look at bic and all lights are green. I replaced the traction lock solenoid and still nothing. I hop in. Start it up. All lights except the bottom light is on. I push the button and it lights up. But no clunk noise or disengagement. Could my wedge be stuck? Or break. Or ?

Replies2
  1. #1Villnow4682021-12-18 11:31
  2. #2Villnow4682021-12-18 11:33

    On a side note. Today I got it to work twice. I start it up and it worked. Lifted the bar and then put it back down after a few seconds and pushed the button and nothing. Then shut machine off and waited a while and it worked but then again nothing . It's so random