I recently pickup up a 864 bobcat with duetz engine. I got it for 2500 n another 700 that was owed to dealership for the new controls they put in. The engine was supposed to be shot. Before I bought new engine for it I did some investigating n found the fuel tank was filled with water. Because of a missing gromet on top of fuel tank. This lead to me getting new injectors n injection pumps. Which solved the whole not running problem n it runs great. It takes a little while to start. It seems like it almost loses prime it takes a minute for it to build up n go. Also now it's running the bucket raises up n down fine n curls up good when u curl down it locks hydralics n ahc ( advanced hand control) light comes on I unplugged n swithed the handle controls. N same problem with curling down. I was hoping some one can help. As I am still learning to wrk on my own equipment.
You want to swap the connectors on the actuators, not the handles, to diagnose a failed actuator.
I unplugged them under seat where they hooked to accuators n same problem
Lift and tilt may still not work, but swapping connectors on actuators will make code change from lift to tilt. Check codes by holding headlight button. Swap actuator plugs and recheck. If code is different, most likely actautor is bad or spool is binding.
I got accuators out n test on twelve volt system n it wasn't consitent in wrking
Does anyone no if these can be rebuilt I'm gonna bring it to a electric motor shop on Monday to see if they can do anything with it a new one is 1100 n don't have the money for that now
Dose any one know if the accuators on a 864 can be rebuilt
Got the accuators rebuilt from electric motor shop $60. The only prob is the shop. Where my skids at is closed till Tuesday. Oh n bobcat finally got back to us on the quote for accuators after a week + they could identify it from machine serial number the number off the part. The bobcat dealer here is the worst they never call u back don't make calls they say they r going to etc. I live in queensbury ny so if anyone knows of bobcat dealer that they have had good experinces with let me know please.
Oh n this is also same place that was gonna scrap n 864 that only needed new injectors injection pumps n an accuator.
I put a electric fuel pump on my 863 turn key on wait a second fires up every time with no problem
I have installed electric pumps to find leaks in the fuel system on several machines. A machine that loses prime but doesn't show a leak will usually leave a puddle of fuel when its hot with an elecctric pump creating pressure.
Question What can I use instead of "BobCat Fluid" ? Is SAE 5-30 ok?
10w30 is the normal replacement for the factory gold
MArick.. Can you tell me what the shop is where you had the actuator(s) rebuilt. Name, contact... I am having a similiar issue and know they need work. Thanks.
I've been working with Bobcat of Jacksonville... Fla. Got a few numbers for them... 904 288-9198 1-877-213-9408. Rob is my contact. Tell him Wolfgang in Panama City told ya to call. I have a BC 853C... old one that I just got real cheap... Free! :cool2 Anywho, It has some issues. First one is the lift rams were leaking so bad that the arm would not lift even at full throttle. I got in touch with Rob in Jacksonville. He took down my info. A few hrs later he called me back letting me know they were slammed and he hadn't forgot me. A few of the rebuild parts were needed to be ordered. I also asked about the wiring diag for the cab so he emailed it to me. :tong That was on Thursday of last week. Today "Monday" I get a call from Rob... My parts are in. He just needed an address and a 16 dig number with exp date from a plastic card so he could get it to the Oops "UPS" driver that was going to be there any minute. Couldn't find the credit card in time but called him back and he said my box was waiting to be shipped the moment he got the very affordable payment they'd quoted me. :drinkup Yes, we have a Semi-Dealer for Bobcat here. John Deere dealer also covers BC but is a crook and really only wants to deal with JD equip. Hope this helps ya out. They will ship anywhere so give it a whirl. Time and Tide love... Time and Tide. :drinkup