Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with clutch cutout button case 590sl

ckinser1 ยท 2017-07-03 18:26

Using the machine today I used the thumb button (clutch cutout button) to disengage the transmission while opening the jaws on my 4 in 1 bucket. After I released the button the machine would not reengage the transmission.. the tyranny was working fine so I am going to assume it still is. I checked the button switch and it to appears to be fine. The relays I swiped around and that did nothing. I figure I must have a short completing the circuit. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2017-07-03 20:04

    There is a plug on the lower end of the wire coming out of the shift lever. Check it for corrosion and tightness. Use a volt ohm meter to trace / find power to the switch and then trace it to the transmission.

  2. #2ckinser12017-07-03 20:49

    Thanks tinker I got her working

  3. #3Tinkerer2017-07-04 09:30

    Good to hear. What was the problem with it ?

  4. #4ckinser12017-07-04 09:44

    Me and the heat was the problem, it was bloody hot yeasterday, I was getting overheated which always impairs ones thinking. As I was pulling around to my new house addition to load the leftover brick I switched from 2nd to first and then I worked the 4 in one. The clutch had not fully seated the gear when I used the disconnect button one the joystick causing it to drop out of gear. Nothing was wrong with the machine other than just being out of gear. I am amazed that I didn't work the gear shift as I was focused solely on the joystick switch. How people get anything done in the desert is beyond me