i just bought a used Mahindra 5570. No service or operators manual yet, but they are on order. Nice tractor but it appeared that the engine oil had been over serviced. The level was like 5 inches above the two marks on the dipstick. So today I drained the oil and started out by putting 8 quarts of Rotella 15W-40 and a new filter. I believe it calls for 9.3 quarts. Anyway....I check the oil and with 8 quarts it's once again way above the marks on the dipstick. Any thoughts? Can anybody confirm that this tractor uses 9.3 quarts of engine oil? Maybe the dipstick got switched somewhere in its life with another tractor...
I would put the full amount of oil that the manuals call for and buy a new oil dipstick from the dealer..the oil level doesnt rise on its own ? does it, or its just 5 inches above the notch when YOU add oil..
hello Made In America.......No, it only seems to be high as a result of my putting the oil in. Then it stays stable. I believe the dealer told me 9.3 quarts. I have only added 8 quarts. I prefilled the oilfilter. Haven't started her yet. I want to confirm the oil quanitity before I do. I need my manuals to come! Is there anybody who can confirm 9.3 quarts? Thanks!
This place sells 10 qts of oil for a oil change. Sounds like 9.3 is going to be correct. http://www.billstractor.net/enoilchfor255.html
Thanks Franklin!