I am having random no start problems with my '07 Freightliner Century. Cranks good, just no fuel. I have had two codes come up on the dash. ENG Controller NoRESP 128s254 07 OPEN 137s005 05 All I can find on line is blink codes. I don't know for sure if this is a DDEC5 or is a later model. When this comes up it won't start. A couple of times I have returned the key to off and tried again and it started. Other times I have had to clear codes (from key in run position with brakes set, turn key to accessory and back to run 6 times within 5 seconds). It has started first try after clearing codes. Does anyone have knowledge of the codes, or have any suggestions? Thanks
07 should have a Series 60 DDEC5 EGR. First clean all connections in the battery box especially the power feed to controller and grounds to frame. The first code is a no response from crank sensor or no power to controller IIRC. the second is a open circuit I can't tell you which circuit because I don't have my old code table with me. Century's had major electrical issues in 07,08,09.
128 is ECM but the s254 07 does not come up although the 254 codes have to do with ECM failure. The 137s005 05 has nothing to do with engine code, a code for something to do with chassis/cab.
And to clarify the 254 code there is a 254 03, 254 04, 254 05 but no 254 07 that I can find. I had a service foreman at a Freightliner dealer check also-zip. But more than likely a ECM failure because it is a 254 code.
Make sure the ECM fuses are all good and clean connections in the battery box and grounds on frame.
Thanks for the suggestions. I cleaned all the battery terminals and the frame ground. I moved the computer ground wires from the frame ground to the battery ground. It didn't help. I have a TPS on order, both Freightliner and Detroit dealers were out. I'll install it and see if its better. If not, its on to hunting chafed wires and corroded connections.
IDK how much you want to spend, but a full engine harness would be better than repairing. Also I don't know how much oil your engine leaks, but I've seen 60 series ECM trashed from drowning in their own oil.
Most problems that are oil related are located in the injector harness, are far as leaking oil that's the front and rear structures. Injector harness is about $150.00. ECM
I drove the truck home from the dealer today. The intermittent problem turned into no start at all. Took it to the dealer on a stretcher. It needed a new computer. Thanks all for your help.