There is one for sale within a reasonable distance from me. Looks to be almost new. I’ve never heard of hems before. Anyone have any experience with them?
Also had not heard of the Co., looked it up and is a UK Sales co. Shows three sizes, any idea what size is being offered?
Portable or floor model ?
Portable. 100 ton.
Is the larger of three, can be tooled to work on 19-60mm pins, up to D10 size rails. Will be a monster heavy bich!
How much? I can get an Italian made for $20k, but its with a hand pump.
$13000 with a pump and a bunch of pusher pins and an electric pump. It’s been for sale for a couple months. I think it could be bought cheaper
Any pics?
Buy it if functions, not going to find a better price.
Ide have to do a **** ton of track work to justify the price. Trying to carry that size of a tool around to be on the ready isn't feasible. I don't think I would use one but once a year if that
At your juncture in life, I'd think a track pin press would be the absolute last thing you'd be thinking about.....
So I called cat and they can sell me a 100 ton with a manual pump and tooling kit for $12,500 and drop it to one of my customers shops. I’m thinking that’s the way to go because I can get support from them and add an electric pump later on. The only odd thing is that on the quote it shows a picture of what I believe is an ITR press.
Support and repair parts is a big factor, ITR has good equipment.
It would take a lot of thinking to spend a lot of money on a tool but thats what makes the world go round.
I believe 179 allows that to be 100% deductible this year.
That would be awesome
Check with your CPA. It has to be bought before Jan. 1
If I buy one it will be before January 1
They should send a press and a spare set of pins and bushings with each track group they sell since they wear out so quickly.
Most of the stuff I work on is forestry equipment and even a new set of cat chains we’re lucky to get 4K hours.
Well, I pulled the trigger on a cat 100 ton press with a manual pump and tooling kit. Should see it in 1-2 weeks.
If it doesn't come in a metal box, I would buy a heavy steel "job box" and make some fittings to hold everything organized like. https://www.homedepot.com/b/Tools-T...=mode+matchpartialmax&NCNI-5&visNavSearch=job box
I already planned on it. That way I can keep it locked up and just load the box as needed.
I think you should pull the trigger on some sirloin’s for all of us HEF members.
Consider it done. I’ll also have lobsters and a fully stocked bar. Dinner is at 6 tonight. See you then!
I see the air over hydraulic foot valve pumps pretty cheap, used to have one on a hose machine years ago. Check ebay and your local fbook marketplace if you would rather have 110v power. I think the manual pump is going to get old in a real hurry. We got a new shop press a while back with 110v instead of a old manual pump. I've been meaning to get it set up with quick coupler, so I could run hollow ram or single stage cylinders. Other than that, sounds like a great deal. I'm guessing you've got a local machine shop that can turn out extra tooling for you? If you have my kind of luck, whatever the first track you work on, will need whatever you don't have for tooling. I don't think I'll make this feast, I need a little more notice for a hot date night.
Noticeable lack of an address in your post!
I'm not that far, you can send a limo to get me. No need to send the address
That's easy, just look for any greasy dirty piece of logging equipment in Maine and he won't be far away!
I bet the women just line up in droves. It has to be that flashy set of dominoes.
I bet the manual pump gets old quickly. I’ve got an air over hydraulic foot pump but it is only a one hose setup and I need a 2 hose. A vevor pump is about $360 and I can buy a temco for $1100. I’m sure an enerpac is probably $4000. I’ve got a small collection of old pins to use plus the tooling kit comes with some pusher pins.
2 hose as in double acting ? I think you can just add a valve, just make sure it's 10k psi rated. I have an OTC shoebox (foot pump) air operated pump with a double acting valve on it. FOUR-WAY MANUAL VALVE | OTC Tools www.otctools.com Vevor = Junk
yes. Double acting.
I see the pumps for the hydraulic torque guns, used on ebay sometimes. Get the hytorque and the pump set up at the same time. Kill two birds.... For the milwaukee inclined- they've got a cordless hydraulic pump now, its spendy, and I think its one hose. My 110v pump is a SPX.
I’ve got a pneumatic torque gun but I would like to have a low profile version… of course as soon as I pull the trigger on the track press I got offered a barely used climax mobile line boring setup at a price I probably can’t afford to pass up….
Way it usually works
Think you could use a pump like this? $650 isn't a bad price. All the OTC/ SPX stuff is $1,500 or so- used. New is more like 2-3,000. The foot pedal would be nice if you're trying to hold stuff lined up while your pumping. Temco HP0003 Electric Hydraulic Pump Power Pack Unit New Open Box | eBay MPN : HP0003. Model : HP0003. Hydraulic Pump Type : Electric Hydraulic. Type : Hydraulic. Power Source : Electric. This item is new & unused. Local Pickup. www.ebay.com
SPX POWER TEAM PE30TWP Hydraulic Pump 10,000psi / 700BAR | eBay
Nice shape, clean unit. Used condition with dings and scratches. Please see photos for details. Thanks for looking
Shipping price to the lower 48 only
www.ebay.com
Guy we used made one for maybe $1000 in materials. Used a big bottle jack.
I found an ad for a Power Team PE464S. They’re asking $1000 for it. I’ll send you a link if you’re interested. It‘s on the opposite side of the country as you.
I’ve got one of the temco pumps saved on my eBay watchlist
Not sure why that's funny.
No money to be made these days with a Track Pin Press, I have 3 sets and find only a few jobs per year needing a pin push, it's not worth pressing a pin out as they are always worn so I cut the old pin free and press in the new one, if its to sort a damaged link you are still cutting the old bits free then pressing in the new stuff, near all track assembly's are crock link or easy fit master links, I have tried all styles of Pin Press types with the crap C Frame being the most horrid thing, the 2 rod CAT Service Press (Old Style) is the best and most user friendly, keep in your head things can let fly fast so don't have people stood around looking, do the job on your own as best you can, the coins you can earn pin pressing is hardly worth chasing as I would expect to press in 2 master link pins in less than 2 hours and be gone, so charging per hour + T/ Ex's is hardly big coins it might be easy coins that's all.