Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Machine Shop Videos

Former Wrench · 2024-12-06 19:10

For the last couple of months I've been watching a guy on You Tube. His name is Kurtis and he owns and operates Cutting Edge Engineering out of Australia somewhere. He primarily does welding, machining, boring, and fabrications. He as good as they come in all fields. He also does a lot of repair work on big mining equipment. It is worth the watch.

Replies14
  1. #1Nige2024-12-06 19:52

    Agreed. I've been watching him for a while now. He does good work. CEE is located a few miles SE of Brisbane (aka Brizvegas to our Australian members) in Queensland.

  2. #2colson042024-12-06 22:03

    I stumbled on to CEE a couple years back and have really enjoyed their content. I've really enjoyed the Franna Crane project series.

  3. #3Junkyard2024-12-06 22:21

    I’ve watched him for quite awhile as well. There’s another place down under that has a channel. HAL heavy duty machining or something like that. A less polished shop in the UK is Snowball Engineering and another is Welder Fabber. All guys I could have a pint with.

  4. #4.RC.2024-12-06 22:33

    I would say curtis would be one of those fellows that would be successful at whatever his interest was. Pretty sure he said he has no formal training in what he does and while I have seen some things he has done a bit "how ya goin", how many people would be able to rerod a hydraulic ram one day, completely disassemble a diesel injector pump the next day, and the day after that hop on the computer and draw up the pieces of steel you will need cut for the new boom you are making for your crane.

  5. #5Randy882024-12-07 03:38

    Been watching Curtis since he started posting videos along with all the rest mentioned. There are and have always been many talented people out there in the world. I know I hate computer technology but for guys willing to post those videos on the net I am glad the technology that not only allows them to post the videos but allows us all to watch them might be a good thing. Anyone with an interest in not only doing the work but also has the ability to figure out how to get it done has many lifetimes of job security. I know Curtis is making a lot of money off his videos which would sure help out to buy more tools and machines which again is a good thing in my opinion he deserves to be well compensated for his time to allow us into not only his shop but literally gives us all a step by step process as to how to go about the same repair on our own. My whole family also enjoys the "fat electrician" and there are a few that specialize in destroying stuff in different ways which is for pure entertainment purposes but mostly we watch helpful videos from not only the machining sector but also the building sector.

  6. #6Truck Shop2024-12-07 09:48

    You tube if it weren't for you tube----what they hardly ever show on those vocational vids-- is their ego driven f@ck-ups, only once in a great while. Yes we all set at our desk looking straight forward hands together so the teacher can see them {idle hands are evil hands you know} all looking like Dennis the Menace just soaking up all the good info we will never use just like it was in history class. * At my age I only watch old raunchy boomer vids from MTV. I only drank beer out of a can never out of a pint/pounder jar. *Watch how all their moves are well machined.

  7. #7DMiller2025-01-05 17:25

    A Lot of HIGH maintenance playing On Stage. Big Brown Eyes, Dark Hair and Magically LONG legs. ONE has Blue Eyes, Just One. Always Loved that Music Vid.

  8. #8IceHole2025-01-05 17:34

    In Fire Welding Watch Wes Work Keith Fenner Mr Pete Another welding one I forget the name, native dude out in New Mexico area.

  9. #9LN Pipeline2025-01-05 20:36

    This came through my feed a couple months back. I thought it was interesting. He’s got some other good videos, also. CCE is top notch. Is that I C Weld? He also has some pretty good content.

  10. #10Camshawn2025-01-05 21:33

    I got a lathe before I retired because I always wanted one. I watched a lot of videos on how to do things. One I regularly watch is double boost. He does a lot of repair of old steam stuff.

  11. #11Truck Shop2025-01-05 21:37

    I ran allot of automotive machining equipment, and it's a very boring job--to say the least.

  12. #12IceHole2025-01-05 21:53

    That's John, he has a shop near Fairbanks. Yes IC Weld. Couldn't remember the name for some reason.

  13. #13bccat2025-01-06 00:01

    IC weld, He’s really handy with a cutting torch, l really like his work.

  14. #14TVA2025-01-06 09:12

    IC weld is Mexican and out of San Antonio area.