Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hey from GA

tippatone ยท 2009-06-11 07:14

Hello all, im new to HEF and just trying to network to find out how I can get into the business. Im from GA (Atlanta to be exact) and im want to know everything there is to know about the heavy equipment trade. I am in the process of getting my CDL Class A permit. I would like to add, I am 31 years old and I have wasted most of my life at office/hospital jobs working with women, I have missed my calling for years and now I want to get my hands dirty.

Replies15
  1. #1Finish Blademan2009-06-12 06:16

    Welcome to the site.Glad to see a fella following his calling. Gene

  2. #2tippatone2009-06-12 10:36

    I am angry that it took me so long to do so. I just want to do something that I will not hate getting up in the morning for. Here's to Heavy Equipment.:drinkup

  3. #3ARPlante2009-06-12 12:52

    Welcome Tippatone! Heavy equipment sure is fun huh? Best of luck to getting into the business. I am sure many on here can offer some great advice. Andrew

  4. #4tippatone2009-06-12 13:07

    Thanks:thumbsup I see you are from Mass. Did your company get any of that Big Dig action??? That in my opinion is the greatest enginering feat in my lifetime.

  5. #5assocpowertrain2009-06-17 17:42

    Welcome to the website!

  6. #6tippatone2009-06-17 23:34

    Thanks for the welcome powertrain

  7. #7oriden2009-06-18 01:10

    welcome

  8. #8CM19952009-06-18 01:17

    I think you will find out that there will be women operators and CDL drivers in the construction industry that will be tough competition.:cool2

  9. #9tippatone2009-06-18 18:41

    Cant hear women gossiping over the roar of a cat dozer.

  10. #10girlfriday2372009-07-09 22:09

    Hi, I'm new to the site too and also from Georgia , a little south west from ya

  11. #11tippatone2009-07-10 02:44

    Hey how ya doin? I didn't mean all women! Just the ones who prefer the office over a cab, how far are ya? Welcome to the site!

  12. #12MrKomatsu2009-07-10 07:05

    Welcome......... :usa Welcome to HEF....Good to see new peps...Tippatone follow ur heart and girlfriday u2............we are all here for a reason....any ???? don't be afraid to ask....we have some great seniors here........lots of knowledge....no ? is a dumb ?....so keep the peace and we will hear from ya'll soon....:usa

  13. #13tippatone2009-07-10 07:38

    Well, im just buying time to wait til the apprentice program start taking app in August so I can join the ranks of equipment operators

  14. #14CM19952009-07-10 14:29

    Welcome to the Forums girlfriday237!:drinkup It's good to have another southerner on board.

  15. #15qiancindy2009-07-14 06:29

    my job i am Cindy from a mining equipment company named Zhengzhou Vipeak Heavy Industry Machinery Co., Ltd,our company mainly produce crusher, sand making machine, grinding mill and other mining machinery. i want to gain a success in our company, if you want to know more about me, more about our company, you can obrowse our website. Being a leading company in Industrial powder processing, Engineering Stone crushing and Construction Sand Making, Zhengzhou Vipeak Heavy Industry Machinery Co., Ltd is a high-tech mining machinery company in China. http://www.crushingmill.com/ crusher http://www.crushingmill.com/Crusher.html stone crusher http://www.crushingmill.com/Jaw.html jaw crusher http://www.crushingmill.com/Raymond.html raymond mill http://www.grinderpro.com/Crusher.html jaw crusher|Stone Crusher