Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Howdy Gents

Finish Blademan ยท 2009-05-30 20:04

My name is Gene Monk.I`ve been running machinery since I was thirteen years old.My dad owned a small logging company and put me on his dozer to learn when I was thirteen years old.I doubt ya see much of that these days. I joined the Army when I was eighteen years old as a Scout and went on a little trip during 1990 and 1991 when I was nineteen to the Gulf war. I got out of the service in 1994 and went to work running a loader and finish boxblade cutting corners in parking lots for a blade. Worked my way up and was on a blade before long.Eleven years later I was a finish blade operator and general foreman for that company. I joined the national guard in 2006 after some of my old buddies talked me into it.Went in as a 11 bravo,infantry rifleman.I spent 2007 and 2008 as a grunt with Task force 106,101st Airborne in Iraq. I ets`d service this month. When I came home from Iraq in May 08 I took a job working for another company here in central Texas.I started as a finish blade operator,quickly took over as finish crew foreman and not long ago I took over the whole shooting match as general superintendent of sitework operations for a company with 200 plus men. In my time I`ve run a lot of machinery.D-9`s,D-8`s,7`s, 6`s 623,615,613 scrapers,966,950,938 cat loaders,track loaders,excavators but always my love has been the blade. I was cutting bluetops on government jobs at Fort Hood when I was 25 years old dealing with Corps inspectors and just kept at it,got me where I am today I guess. Away from work I love to hunt,whitetailed deer,hogs and predator calling as well as building custom rifles. I also handload all my own stuff and own a decent sized forum much like this one for handloaders,hunters and shooters. www.handloadersbench.com Been married to a great woman for seventeen years and have three great kids. Hope I havent bored yall. Gene Monk

Replies10
  1. #1willie592009-05-30 20:23

    Welcome Gene. And thank you for your service to our country. :notworthy

  2. #2Finish Blademan2009-05-31 08:58

    Thanks for the welcome ATCO. Gene

  3. #3Grader4me2009-06-01 18:53

    Welcome to the forum!! :drinkup I haven't been on here to much lately as I've been enjoying my free time camping (no internet). Look forward to your posts!

  4. #4Finish Blademan2009-06-02 06:21

    Thanks for the welcome Grader..Glad to be here. Its a really good board and kept that way by the staff. Gene

  5. #5bill onthehill2009-06-02 06:58

    Welcome to the forum. Heavy equipment and guns. It does not get any better than this.

  6. #6Finish Blademan2009-06-02 18:55

    Thanks Bill,Good meetin ya Gene

  7. #7bill53622009-06-02 19:54

    Welcome Gene looking forward to you posts.

  8. #8Finish Blademan2009-06-03 06:08

    Thanks for the welcome Bill.. Gene

  9. #9assocpowertrain2009-06-17 17:47

    Great Intro Gene! Welcome to the website!

  10. #10Finish Blademan2009-06-23 21:04

    Thank Powertrain.Sorry, I didnt see this reply till I looked at the threads in this section. Gene