Hello, I just got my husband a New Holland 2000 LB75 loader backhoe for father's day. We are not in business, but do a lot of work at our place here. We have 22 acres of woods and our driveway is .26 miles long by itself. We are planning to build a 2.5 acre pond and put in a new sprinkler system as well as stump removal, keeping our dirt driveway in shape, etc. He has a lot to do with it and I found this site while trying to figure out how to remove the fuel cap on the thing. Everything I find says it has a lockable fuel cap, but there is no place for a key on it and we've tried everything - pushing it down - pulling up on it - twisting it - moving it side to side - we can't get that cap off. Anyway, I thought this would be a great site to join for information and tips. We live in South Georgia by the way.
Welcome! I hope this doesn't come out wrong, but are you sure it is the fuel and not hydraulic tank? On the NH that I used, the hydraulic breather cap was on the right side of the machine and it looked like the one you are describing. It had no hole for a key and would spin, but not come off. I also seem to remember a cover that slid out of the way for key on the fuel cap, but NH may have changed things. If none of those are the case, check with your local dealer to see if there are any tricks or known issues with the fuel cap.
Thanks - solved part of it! Well, when I read your post, I ran outside to check out the sliding hidden key cover and sure enough - it was hidden. So we found the key slot. Now, they only gave us one key - and it fits everything else - including the gas tank - but it still won't open - I've tried turning it both ways and in the middle - then turning the cap clockwise - counterclockwise - pulling pushing sliding -everything - can't seem to figure out the secret for this thing. My poor husband is just dying out there - so close and yet so far!
I don't remember having to do anything strange to turn the cap off other than turning counter-clockwise and pulling up. Usually it has to be turned about halfway and then pulled up and turned some more. I think that's a safety feature that keeps the cap from blowing off if you try loosen it too fast when the tank has built up pressure.
Thank you SOOOOO much! Okay, we struggled with it for a while and finally got it off - the chain that holds the cap on was jammed in the coils. Now it's working - I may never see my husband again! Thank you again for your help!
Welcome to the forums, tandyg! I'm sure I speak for everybody here when I say you're quite welcome. In return, perhaps you could do us one teensy-weensy little favor? Could we persuade you to conduct a seminar for the rest of our wives and significant others on "Appropriate Gifting for the Heavy Equipment Sort of Guy"?
Why sure! Anytime - anyone can look at my husband and see why I did it -I've never seen him so happy - not even on our honeymoon Anyway - he works hard out there - he deserves it and hey - I'll benefit in the end - new pond - new sprinkler system - clean driveway - his toy - my end results! Thanks again to all - it's great having knowledge at the touch of a keyboard - the internet - what a fabulous invention!
Welcome to HEF tandyg! :drinkup Glad that HEF could be of service. Feel free to ask more questions as they come up. I think you will find, as you have here, that we are more than willing to help. If I may ask, where bouts in Georgia are yall from. I'm in Jones County, right outside of Macon. I'm gonna print this thread and show it too the Ol' Lady. We'll see if she gets the hint.
Thanks for the welcome! We're south of you - below Cordele and above Tifton - Turner County. We have a Rebecca address but live closer to Ashburn. I am so glad to have found this site. I wish I'd found it long ago. I've been looking for a tractor for him for over a year but nothing seemed right. With everything he needed - I just couldn't find the right thing. I finally realized it was a backhoe loader he needed more than a tractor and with this one - there are a lot of attachments we can add. It runs like brand new and looks great - so I was really happy when I found it. I'm sure we'll have more questions as he becomes accustomed to it - and this place is wonderful. I couldn't find anything on that fuel cap anywhere and I felt so bad for him - here it was under his nose and he couldn't do anything without adding fuel. Now I'm on a mission to find some attachments - it has a 12" bucket because it was used by a city for water lines. I'm trying to find him a 30" to 36" bucket to go with it and maybe a scraper. I'm also trying to find a good manual for it - looking on ebay right now. I think that'll come in handy.
Oh, Ok....I've been through that area a couple times. I got a buddy that lives in Valdosta. Yeah, Ebay is a great place to find manuals. You also might luck out and find a PDF. copy of the manual if you don't need a hard copy. Be aware that there are several different manuals for it: parts, operator and service. The operators manual is probably going to be the one you will be concerned with right now. For filter numbers and such, you can always find a dealer to get you the numbers and oil change intervals until you get a manual. Heres a list of the dealers that are closest to you: 1. NASHVILLE TRACTOR, INC. 807 TIFTON RD NASHVILLE, GA 31639 Phone: (229) 686-2071 Fax: (229) 686-3646 2. NASHVILLE TRACTOR OF VALDOSTA 2725 MADISON HIGHWAY VALDOSTA, GA 31601 Phone: (229) 242-9900 Fax: (229) 242-9965