Hi from Pittsburgh Pa. Hi everybody. My nick name is Truckie I go by that on all the other forums I belong to, but most of the people I deal with and work with on the road and job sites know me as Big Mike. I drive tractor trailer. I haul all sorts of scrap and also transport our machines. Right now I am laid up at home with a broken foot. I broke my foot getting out of my tractor with a fire extinguisher to extinguish my trailer that had cught on fire. Looking forwards to learning and shearing a lot of info here. Great site. Thanks. We have the following equipment in our company. 3 290LX link Belts 2 with grapples 1 with a shear head. 1 240 LX Link Belt with a rotating shear head 1 240 Fuchs magnet crane 1 340 Fuchs magnet crane
Welcome to the site, Truckie, and I wish you a speedy recovery. :thumbsup If I may ask, who do you work for? (If you'd rather not name them publically, that's ok...)
Thanks for the welcome. I’d rather not say but after I post a pictures of some of the screw ups some of our drivers have done you will know. So I will tell ya any way.:laugh :lmao I work for American Steel Processing.
I've been to probably a dozen different scrap yards around town at one time or another, but that's one I haven't been to. Although I've been up and down the island hundreds of times. If you've been lurking around here at all, you know how much everyone loves pictures, especially of somebody else's screwups. :yup
No problem, I will try to post some either tonight or tomorrow. Right now the computer I’m on I don’t have them all stored on, so once I get to the other computer I will post a few pictures.
Welcome Truckie!:thumbsup Maybe with your background in trucking you can help me keep Squizzy at bay.:yup And like Digger mentioned, have a speedy recovery.
No problem I will do my best to help. Who is going to watch me? :laugh I really going crazy here in the house with this dang foot. I’ve been dealing with it since November 1st. The dang thing just wont heal. The doctor even gave me a machine to help the bone heal. I kind of hesitate saying the name. Don’t want to give ya all the wrong idea. It is a bone STIMULATOR.:lmao It sends ultra sound to the bone and help it heal. I believe it gets the blood flowing to the bone and what ever other chemicals are needed to heal a broken bone together.
Digger you said to post some pictures and get my post count up so I will post these pictures. I don’t know if you guys have already seen them or not but here goes. Sorry if you have seen them already.
The rest.
We'll have electra_gilde watch your six (he's a trucker in training):yup Yeah, sometimes bones heal slow. When I cracked my c5 vertabra the doctor said that it would take forever for it to heal on it's own. So they cut out a piece of my hip, and the way it was described was they ground it into a paste, and packed it around the vertabra.(a overly simple explanation I'm sure) because the hip heals faster than alot of other bones.:beatsme (not the way it sounds with old people, but.....) I also had little suction cup things stuck to me with electrodes hooked up to them, and they'de run juice through them. Not sure why, but maybe similair too you situation, for healing. Well, you'll be able to spend more time here then, I guess.:thumbsup
Looks like good tax deductions. :drinkup
Sure, I got your back...:salute Welcome to the forum Truckie, and good luck on your recovery...:drinkup Lots of other Western PA guys on here. If you haven't already done so, this thread should be required reading for all drivers new to this site: It exposes most of the "characters" on this site...:spongebob (always love the opportunity to use the Spongebob smiley), and lets you "in" on where most of the truck-driver references come from. I wouldn't hand this clue out to just anybody, but since you're a driver from Western PA, I feel it's my duty to help you out...:wink2 In all seriousness, there ain't no better place to be on the internet than right here. Lots of good information, lots of good people, lots of good entertainment and humor, and no attitudes or bad behavior. The moderators (Steve and Digger) should be commended for running a first-class operation...:thumbsup Jeff, according to the State of Pennsylvania, I am a fully certified commercial vehicle operator. Unfortunately, the only thing I'm driving right now is this damn desk...:Banghead Later... Joe
Yeah. Like you can trust the State of Pennsylvania to get anything right... :wink2
After the bobtailing thread I think I am fully certified too. :bouncegri