Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

High Flow Couplers

five20too ยท 2013-07-22 21:09

I am buying my 1st high flow attachment for my Mustang 2086. I was told to measure my couplers to see what size they were. I did and they came out to 15/16 with the tape measure (no dial calipers to use). That is the same size as my standard flow. I know the high flow operates off of a different pump but is it possible to get more flow out of the same size couplers on the high flow side?

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2013-07-22 23:50

    You may get the same flow, but it would come with a lot more restriction and thus heat. I would contact a Mustang/Gehl service rep. and see what size the HF circuit came with from the factory. I have never seen the HF and LF have the same size couplers. Maybe someone reduced couplers on the HF for some reason.

  2. #2lumberjack2013-07-23 00:00

    My Mustang MTL325 (Tak TL250) has high flow and only one set of aux connectors. That surprised me as well.