I installed a new lexan door today (the machine had no door when I bought it) and tried to run a mulching head but high flow would not come on. Thoughts?
Is the high flow light coming on in the dash? Is the machine really equipped with high flow? The high flow function may be locked out, if it has high flow and light is not coming on. It can be unlocked if you have the keyless start panel or dealer will need to connect to their computer.
No, the light is not coming on. I was told it was equipped with it and believe that it is. I didn't think of the lockout thing, I will check that this morning. I didn't say this in my original post because I was on my phone when I posted but I called the dealer at about 4pm yesterday and they said the door handle can have something to do with it (apparently the machine looks at the door handle to determine the glass type??). He ordered me a different handle for sat delivery so it should be here this morning I hope ($102). I kinda have a feeling that he ordered the actual handle and not the latch that has the wire coming out of it though, which has no chance of making a difference. If the latch is the answer and that's not what he sent, any other ideas?
I've never heard of high flow being dependent on the door ???? The door sensor should only affect the lift/tilt functions Maybe the dealer can determine if machine has high flow by the serial number. If not, look under the cab and see if there are 2 pumps inline after the drive pumps(levers on top). Did the dealer mention the lockout capability???
I just got the new door latch (he did order the latch for me, not the handle). It has 3 wires and a different harness than the one that is on here (current one is 2 wire). Problem is the stupid wire and harness running to it is only 2 wire!!! So I have to either wait until tuesday to get a new one (order monday overnight) or see if I can figure out the wiring to just make something myself. Does anyone know or can look to tell me the pinout or connection between the door latch wires and the harness that pulls down from behind the light? As to pumps I raised the cab but I am not sure what I am looking for. ??
As you look at the pumps, you should see the 2 pumps with levers, these are for drive. Next is the gear pump(s) The order of the sections should be: End cover(bolts to drive pumps), pump section(probably aluminum), Other end section, Another pump section(probably larger than the first), the outer end cover. Also is probably 2 inlet hoses (look like radiator hose)and 2 outlet hoses, one set for each gear pump.
Ok I am still not 100% sure of what we are talking about ... But here is what I see. When I raise the cab and look straight back I see the two metal bars that come from the drive levers going back. Directly under them where they connect I see a mass of something that runs from one side of the compartment to the other. I see what looks like one piece on the left with a hose coming out of it and then another piece which I assume is a pump and it has what looks like 2 hoses in and out. Then attached to that seems like another one of those units maybe "flipped over" cause it's 2 hoses are right next to the other 2 on the unit next to it. Then what looks like a flywheel housing (probably a belt and pulley or something in there I guess). So basically I have a big long thing back there that I assume is 2 pumps connected and 4 total hoses. Sound like I have what I need? If so, any ideas for getting this door handle wired up? Is yours 3 wire also?
Ok I drove across town and looked at a buddy's machine, the wiring is just like mine is (2 wire) and when I mash his high flow button (yes mash, not press ;-) his light comes on. Also, when I go into the lockout area of the settings I am able to lock and unlock high flow. On my machine when I go into that menu it shows unlocked but I am unable to toggle it to locked (not that I want to but I am saying something is different). Any thoughts? One side note, I still have that error coming up about the hydraulic implement filter not connected or whatever, but the high flow button never worked even before that came on (cause I mashed it when I first bought the machine to see what it did) I welcome ANY ideas!
it is starting to sound like u do not have a high flow machine, has your machine been painted, if it has not it should sat highflow on the side of it. Most likiely if it does not u do not have a high flow machine. How many couplers do u have fpr ypur aux hydraulics, if u only have the standerd two and a small one then u do not have high flow, good luck.
Wait, you are saying that I should have more than 3 places to connect hydraulic hoses on the front left side??? I don't remember seeing high flow being on the side of the machine and I know it hasn't been painted. I am pretty sure the seller told me it had high flow, but it wouldn't be the first time i have been lied to (and I didn't know enough to look or know what to look for) God, if it doesn't have high flow I am going to be PISSEDDDDDDD!!!!!! You don't happen to have a pic of under your cab do you? You know, I think I may have one ... And if I do I will post it when i get home (can't from phone)
I found a manual on a german website and while so far it has not been super helpful to show me how to tell if I have high flow, I did notice that they only mention the "dual connector" in the area where they are talking about high flow. I have this connector. Does that mean anything? I was CERTAIN I had high flow and now I am worried with doubt. I need to know if I have high flow or not so I can continue trying to fix the problem, or go ahead and stick my head in the ground if not.
Some high flow machines only have 3 aux fittings on the front of the machine, i was wrong on that one. What year is your machine. I will look for some more info to help u solve your prob.
2008. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I am clicking my heels right now saying "My machine has high flow, my machine has high flow". :-D
I dont think the sticker will help u either around that year they changed the stickers, they used to say on the side of the machine if it was high flow or now. Your best deal would be call a dealer with the sieral nimber and ask if the machine is equiped or not.
Does your machine have an electrical conector on the top of the aux hyd connector
Yea I guess .... but the "guts" have to be there to make it high flow right? I explained earlier what my pumps looked like, does that sound right? Would there be atotal of 4 hoses in/out for high flow?
You mean the "dual connector"? It is there.
If you can post a picture of the pump set we may be able to tell what you have. I don't have any photos for you to compare with.
Here are the pics. Let me know what yall think. It is nasty I know, that's how I bought it. Trying to find the time to clean it up real good.
on the right side there is an access panel two bolts 9/16 wrench to take it off. take a picture of the pump when you look in and down there is to much stuff in the way on these pictures to tell what pump you have on there. it is to the left of the two steering linkages on the pump so where the bars hook to the pump to the left as you look in is where your gear pump is at
Sorry to be a pain but I am confused. Access panel under the cab or on the outside of the machine? Is this really the only way to tell if it has high flow? There is not another tell tale sign?
the outside on the right side as you are sitting in the machine left side as you are looking from the front its right behind the lift cylinder the little light in the cab on the panel and the pump are the only way to check without a computer and the remote start tool the dealer has or the spec sheet from the factory on it
Ok so I will find that panel and remove it. And once I do how will I know for sure if I have high flow or not? I will take a picture but for a little instant gratification what should I look for?
their should be two good size rubber hoses on the font of the gear pump and just about touch the side of the machine it will be really long and have an electrical conector on it if it has power bobtach dont get that confused with the high flow
To help you understand a little better Gixxer, the pumps work like this: You have a big drive belt from the engine that drives the pumps. The next thing in line is the drive pumps. That's what you took a picture of. Your looking at a tandem hydrostat drive pump system. That's what the control links from the control levers connect to and they control the drive of the machine. The pump bobcatmechanic wants you to find is the work equipment pump. It piggybacks of the end of the drive pumps and controls all the other hyd equipment on the machine. You can't see this pump in this pics. The hi flow machine will have a different work equipment pump setup than the standard machine.
So that is what it will look like if it has high flow? What if it doesn't? What would be different? Nothing there at all or less hoses or ... ? Thanks for the help.
Thanks Atco ... that helps a little. So my question is once I see the work equipment pump how will I know if it is high flow or not by looking at it?
Like bobcatmechanic said, remove the access cover on the right side of the machine, you'll get a better view of the work equipment pump. A standard machine has a single work pump bolted to the tail end of the drive pump. The high flow machine has 2 work pumps. You'll see the pump in there. If it has a single/large hose supplying oil to the pump, it's a standard machine. A high flow would have 2 large supply hoses, one for each pump.
Ahh ok .. I am going to go check it out now .... be back in 30 minutes. : )
Ok I took the panel off (4 screws not 2) and was grumbling at you when I discovered that nothing was in there (because I had to squeeze my arm off to get the bolts out from jammed down next to the track. Then I realized I had the wrong plate. : ) Took that one off and unfortunately you cannot see anything in there. Too many hoses in the way to make heads or tails of anything. It seems like you can see more of it in the pics I posted. If you look at the second pic and look at the control links, right below EACH of them are 2 hoses. Is that what we are looking for?
Sorry for the delay, had to feed the dogs and grandkids. Let's try this. Here is a pic of a Sunstrand tandem pump similar to your machine. This is the drive pump unit. If you stripped away all you hoses, fittings, centereing plate, control arms, and such, you would see this pump clearly. Note the splined shaft sticking out of the end to drive the pump, and the two mounting ears on each side of the shaft. Now, look toward the opposite end. You'll see another similar mounting ear in the pic. That's where some form of piggyback pump bolts up to the Sunstrand unit, driven by a splined shaft similar to what you see in the pic. It's the piggyback pump we want to know about. If there is just one, standard machine. But if it has a gear pump that piggybacks off another gear pump, and the two piggyback off of the Sunstrand unit, it's a hi-flow machine.
Those 6 bolts in the middle, would they happen to be where hoses attach? Take a look at this picture of mine. I took it to Paint and drew some lines. If I understand you right, on the left would be the pump(s), then the drive pump, then some sort of drive housing. Right? When I look in from the engine compartment though I can see a belt going up to something on the right (if you are staring into the engine compartment, or on the left if looking at the picture below). Maybe we are getting closer!
Your lines are pointing to the right area for the pump. Now you have to look closely at that part and see if it has 2 pump sections (and 2 outlets). Can't see clear enough in the photo to tell. The 4 hoses you point to are for the drive.
So let me get this straight ... the center stuff runs the machine, and the pump(s) on the left run the aux (front) hydraulics? So I should be able to trace the lines from the front (if I can follow them) to the pump(s). If there are two pumps do the hoses just merge together or how do the 2 pumps work together?
The pump(s) to the left run the auxiliaries, and the lift and tilt functions. One of the outlet hoses should go to the main control valve(pedal linkages attach here if they are mechanical). The other outlet should go to a different valve block that is for the high flow auxiliary(for high flow both pumps combine and go to the aux coupler in this valve).
Ok so the center part IS a pump? (that runs the drive I guess?) I will try to go look again now that I am getting closer to knowing what I am looking for. What about the control valve? Is it more accessible? Maybe I can tell by looking at it as well?
LoL...nothing is accessible on a Bobcat.
Bobcats are like a sweet young lady. Fun to run around and play with but tough to maintain! That is as nice as I can say it.LOL
lol
Yup now you got the idea. Where you have marked with the 4 arrows is the drive pumps and the hoses going to the drive motors. The are with the question marks for the pumps is what you need to look at or take a close up of. This gear pump is what runs your functions of the machine. If this pump is a single stage then you do not have high flow. If it is a two stage pump you do. Post a close up of these pumps. JJ
On that model, it would have a "two stage" pump standard. The charge pump is to the outside of the gear pump. If you have high flow, that pump will be to the outside of the charge pump.
Well it is looking like I don't have high flow, which really is a trajedy. Could I add/upgrade the pump??
I haven't done an upgrade to hi-flow, don't know what's involved or how much the components would cost. Do you have a particular reason for needing hi-flow?
Yea, need to run an automatic bovine tampon insertion machine on the farm. And maybe a mulching head every once on a while ;-)
Mulching head? Yeah, makes sense. :yup That other thing? I'm not qualified to insert an opinion on that one.
LOL. Yea so I am beside myself about my machine not having high flow. I am having to rent a machine from someone that has a high flow machine. It's a little ridiculous but mine doesn't have it, what am I to do? I would love to upgrade my machine though if it is possible because I know where to buy a mulcher for a good deal. I would like to have one around the farm .. but need to be able to run it. : ) I could sell my machine and look for a high flow machine but that is an awful lot of work. If I can upgrade it may be less aggravation, and maybe less money. Anyone have ideas for how to do it? Craig
Send a PM or email to bobcatmechanic, he'd be most able to tell you what's involved with upgrade.
Sounds like a plan!
You would have to do a lot of mulching to justify either a machine upgrade or adding the highflow if that is even possible. You might be better off to hire out the mulching when you need it done. I would look closely at what the dealer says about the condition of your machine. If it is a good machine I would keep it and hire out the mulching. If its a POS then perhaps I would dump it and get a better machine with highflow (I would get the next one in Power Tan:drinkup).
Power Tan? Yea my machine is in pretty good shape in my opinion (but what do I know, I didn't even know it didn't have high flow!). 07 with about 600 hours and ac cab and I practically stole it at what I paid. I just wonder what would be involved in adding high flow.
That is code for CASE (Power Tan is the color CASE machines are painted).
Haha .... I see how it is, kick a man while he's down. ;-)
Sounds like yours only has aux. hydraulic and not hi flow. The cost to upgrade will be salty unless you can find one that burned or was otherwise totaled. Even then you would want to know the hours on it. The whole setup new from a dealer will most likely scare you into renting when you need it.
Bummer on the no high flow. Here's a link to a different BB, where someone upgraded to high flow. Hope it will open. http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=25283
Thanks Paul! I emailed that guy a few times through his site but no reply yet. I just emailed him again so hopefully he will get back with me. Upgrading would really be cool! In case that doesnt work out though I just started another thread about selling/trading. Let me know if you guys have any opinions about that there. Thanks!
I’m having the same issue has the sticker and was told it worked was just locked out is why it wasn’t lighting up. Paid the guy and got it. What do you guys think is this a standard flow machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I believe it is high flow. Not positive, but seems to have enough, (3) gear pump sections, and also the solenoid in the 3rd photo appears to be the high flow solenoid.
So I called the plant where it was made and it is indeed high flow. She said I might try enabling it in the computer first. Does anyone know the procedure for this? T300 2007 no light or anything when I press high flow, no codes. If not she said it’s probably the electrical connection between the computer and the solenoid.
If you have the right screen with a keypad, (the other style has a physical key) go to owner utilities (have to enter passcode again) then select the one with a icon of a padlock. You should have 3 options: two speed, high flow, and aux hydraulics. See if the high flow is showing locked. If it is a high flow machine, you should be able to unlock it. I don't know the process if you have the keyed ignition panel.