Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC200 -6 torque spec needed…

SPG ยท 2013-07-10 23:21

I don't have the shop manual yet, and need the torque spec for the turntable bearing bolts on a Komatsu PC200. Mostly I need to know if a 4to1 multiplier and a 200 ft/lb wrench will get me where I need to go. Thanks! -Sean

Replies10
  1. #1Huntoon2013-07-11 13:37

    For the M20X70mm bolts, the torque should be 632 +/- 44 Nm.

  2. #2SPG2013-07-11 13:50

    Thanks!

  3. #3TOM V2013-07-11 21:12

    The slew bearing uses the torqe-turn method, car body to bearing 141 lbft + 48 degrees, bearing to house 217 lbft + 60 degrees. These specs are for a PC200-7, I don't no if they are the same as the -6. Good luck.

  4. #4Swamp rat2013-07-12 08:22

    Not sure if its the same for a 220-6 or not - when i get back i can look up specs for it to see if they are same as well.

  5. #5SPG2013-07-15 12:10

    Appreciated!

  6. #6Huntoon2013-07-15 13:15

    Hey Tom, did you mean " 141 lbft + 48 degrees" ....?? I would think it is something like 141 +/- 48 lbft + 120 degrees.... how can you do 48 degree torque turn?

  7. #7John C.2013-07-15 22:55

    My book shows the following: It depends on your serial number. Up to 52277 the spec is 102 kgm or approximately 777 foot pounds. Higher serial numbers are 30kgm or approximately 218 foot pounds and then turn 60 degrees plus or minus 6 degrees.

  8. #8SPG2013-07-16 00:01

    So, are these stretch bolts which need to be replaced every time they are untorqued? (SN A80417) BTW, the -6 shop manual is for SN 80001 and up, are you sure about the 52277 numbers for this model? I should know better than to doubt you, just checking for typo's etc. Thanks again! -Sean

  9. #9John C.2013-07-16 01:15

    Oops, I was looking at the 220 machine. The serial number 80001 - 91086 is 82kgm or approximately 595 foot pounds. Serial numbers higher use the torque turn, 30kgm plus 60 degrees. These figures are for the bolts that go through the bearing and into the house. The bolts that go through the carbody into the bearing are torqued at 19.5 kgm or approximately 142 foot pounds and then turned 48 degrees, plus or minus 5 degrees on all PC200 and PC220 machines. That is an odd way of doing this. I'm sure not going to put a degree wheel on each bolt. When I worked for the dealer all slewing bearing bolts were replaced with every bearing change. When I did them as an independent wrench I let the customer decide, documented that fact and made them sign the service report. For the cost and trouble of doing this job I always recommended they be changed but most of the customers I dealt with had a hard enough time paying me let alone all the extras for the job.

  10. #10SPG2013-07-17 13:06

    Good info. Thanks! -Sean