Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi 350-3 losing power after warning of engine related failure

Noble D ยท 2022-08-22 21:07

Engine runs fine but loses rpm after about 20 minutes We know diesel is reaching injector pump.

Replies11
  1. #1Delmer2022-08-22 22:47

    "warning of engine related failure" Does this mean there are codes? do you know how to read the codes? If there aren't codes, what is the warning that you're talking about?

  2. #2heymccall2022-08-22 23:45

    I do believe that it's a typo. "Warming" is how I read it. Just because fuel is "reaching" the injection pump doesn't mean that there isn't a supply restriction.

  3. #3Noble D2022-08-23 08:54

    Yes, thanks for responding, this is a 2008 machine it does have codes, however the professional mechanic that looked at it could not find this machine in his computer. He said it was probably a "gray" machine, meaning it was originally sold to another country. He is trying to get the codes from the manufacturer, I have doubts he will get it and I am needing the machine. Something is telling the machine to reduce power, and I am searching for that.

  4. #4Noble D2022-08-23 08:57

    Thanks, I would be interested in hearing where other restrictions could be.

  5. #5John C.2022-08-23 10:32

    Is it an EX350 or a ZX350 model number.

  6. #6mg23612022-08-23 12:26

    Picture of the monitor too.

  7. #7hosspuller2022-08-23 12:40

    From past threads... You'll get better help if you post the unit and engine serial numbers. Some members, on the forum have manufacturer service access

  8. #8Noble D2022-08-23 14:20

    it is a zaxis model 350 LC 2008 yr Engine is Isuzu 6HK1XDHAA-01

  9. #9mg23612022-08-24 05:42

    Press and hold the top right button and key on. Press the menu button. Then scroll to troubleshooting, and press select (the button under the hand). You should see whatever codes the machine has.

  10. #10Noble D2022-08-24 16:43

    Thanks, I did as you suggested and was able to access a lot of information however I could not find "troubleshooting" I plan to try again this afternoon.

  11. #11John C.2022-08-24 19:13

    Do you have a photo of the monitor panel. I think I've seen some of those machines built into loggers that had the older EX Dash 5 panels installed and had a separate monitor behind the cab that was just for the engine.