Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hitachi 870-3 50m. demolition

geert-yke · 2007-03-11 14:16

Here the brand new Hitachi 870-3 demolition excavator from Euro Demolition.

Replies32
  1. #1equipment fan2007-03-11 16:12

    :thumbsup Good pics man:scool

  2. #2rino14942007-03-11 17:35

    Awesome pics :drinkup

  3. #3Countryboy2007-03-12 00:07

    :thumbsup Great pics Geert-yke. Thanks

  4. #4Dozerboy2007-03-12 21:39

    Cool

  5. #5geert-yke2007-04-08 04:31

    He's now working on a project in IJmuiden. The demolition of an old hospital. He is working there with his 'little' brother: Etec 888 with 35m demolition boom.

  6. #616H2007-04-08 04:36

    how does this machine compare to the Abeko 870?

  7. #7geert-yke2007-04-08 05:13

    The machine is totally not comparible with the 870-3 from abeko. The boom from the machine from Abeko is designed for working from pontoon under water. So that's why they used the tripple boom. But the design is very strong and can also be used in demolition with a heavy attachment. But it reachs not very high. Only the original boom is replaced by the tripple. The Hitachi 870-3 Demolition from Euro Demolition is totally different. The undercarrier is hydraulic adjustable for transport. Also the counterweight from 25 ton is removable with a hydraulic system. Removing from the counterweight and mounting from the counterweight takes a few minutes. The 50m demolition boom is also very special. The boom can be transported in one piece without disassembly the demolition boom sections. Only the boom have to be disassmbled from the base machine. That system is also very special. Hydraullic hoses have quick couplings. Also the connection from the boom to the base machine is with hydraulic pins. So the total time for disassemble the boom is done within 10 minutes!! Yesterday I had the record that the dissasmbly was finished in 5 minutes! Total weight from the machine is 150 tonnes. The boom reach 50m high and handles a tool weight from 5 tonnes. That's the special thing.

  8. #8Dozerboy2007-04-08 21:31

    Wow that is quite a boom. I ran a 45 hoe 10 ton shear and I could snap the curl pins at will, we also twisted the stick 45° one time when the shear wasn't square with what it was cutting.

  9. #9wrenchbender2007-04-08 21:41

    Alright I'm gonna ask a silly question, tell me how the operator knows where the end of the boom is? Does it have a camera or do you use a spotter or do you fish around till find what you want?

  10. #10PSDF3502007-04-08 22:21

    I wouldn't imagine it's that hard to tell if your grabbing a floor or wall support. I would be more worried about a serious creak in the neck from looking up like that all day everyday.

  11. #11Deas Plant2007-04-08 23:55

    Crick in neck Hi, PSDF350. Many of those hi-reach machines have cabs that tilt back to facilitate looking up. It would appear that at least some designers and engineers can think about the general health and well-being of the poor, silly suckers who will have to operate their babies.

  12. #12PSDF3502007-04-09 00:01

    Thats good to hear because my neck was hurting just thinking about it.

  13. #13geert-yke2007-04-09 04:48

    The operator also have a camera on the stick. So he can see what he's doing on a monitor in the cabine. But the operator has a lot of experience and not always use the camera.

  14. #14geert-yke2007-04-11 14:37

    Yesterday the machine is transported to another job. So some pictures from transport. Machine on transport.

  15. #15equipment fan2007-04-11 18:18

    great pictures,i like the boom.

  16. #16HRD Remco2008-04-05 16:38

    one of the best HRD excavators in the world http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13139 gr, Remco

  17. #17Wolf2008-04-05 16:40

    awesome machine

  18. #18DigDug2008-04-05 16:55

    Great pics. Awesome piece of machinery. :drinkup

  19. #19tomsy2008-04-06 10:26

    That Hitachi is one sweet looking peice of gear. Personally i'm not into the demo side of diggers but she is a beauty

  20. #20bobcat ron2008-04-06 11:19

    That is the longest reach boom I've seen to date.

  21. #21cat 325ccr2008-04-09 07:37

    awesome pics!!

  22. #22AtlasRob2008-04-17 16:03

    monitor Here you are wrenchbender, compliments of picsnix off web

  23. #23Wolf2008-04-21 18:07

    very cool.

  24. #24AtlasRob2008-04-22 15:48

    Hitachi 1200? I was day dreaming at break today when I suddenly realised what was going past. I just managed to get this shot through the back window. Somebody in UK will correct me if wrong but I am sure it said "1200" on the side. It is the Hitachi base of 777 demolitions UH demo rig. I watched all day but didnt see the boom go by. Hopefully get it tomorrow 200ft reach http://www.777group.com/LONG_REACH.htm

  25. #25bear2008-04-22 19:33

    That is one big mother!

  26. #26iron kid2008-04-23 08:13

    the trailer looks like it has no duals on the rear it looks like skid steer trailer tires or goose neck

  27. #27AtlasRob2008-04-23 16:49

    The trailer is 5 axle all steer at the rear and all twins. I am sure there was a twin axle dolly on the front, but not sure about unit. Probably 4 axle, but I was too busy trying to turn the camera on and get around in the seat. Never did get to see the boom go by Went hunting http://www.hcwilsontransport.com/ I wouldn't mind betting this was the rig. :drinkup

  28. #28Nicklaus2008-07-22 07:04

    Looking for used min 28m reach Demolition for EX450MTH-5 We are looking for min 28m demolition front to fix on our EX450MTH-5. Would appreciate if you can provide us with a quote for the item. Used/Preowned acceptable. Thank you very much. Best regards, Nicklaus sslmach(a)sslmach.com

  29. #29Demo_Andy2008-07-22 14:49

    Hi Nicklaus, It would be worth getting in touch with Kocurek ( www.kocurek.com ), one of the leaders in high reach gear. If they don't have anything I'm sure they could put you in the right direction. There must be loads of used 3 pieces in Europe. Are you sure that 450 will handle a minimum 28m 3 piece? We run 26-28m on a 56t base machine Cat 345C with a maximum 3t tool directly mounted (No quickhitch). What attachments do you have lined up for it?

  30. #30Wolf2008-07-22 20:03

    That is so cool, to look in the camera and see the part of the building you are wrecking. awesome equipment.

  31. #31Countryboy2008-07-22 21:46

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Nicklaus! :drinkup

  32. #32Nicklaus2008-07-24 02:21

    Hi Andy, thanks for your advise. You're right. Should be 26m 3 piece. I've contacted Kocurek, but yet to receive any reply. We are using a Japanese brand crusher, model KR950