Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HITACHI DR EX/ZX tech question, Apple MacBook Pro running windows 7 ?

Track ยท 2019-03-25 12:36

Anybody try Hitachi DR EX/ZX on a Apple MacBook Pro running Windows 7? The old Palm pilot tungsten bit the dust and the old hard to find Hitachi DR EX/ZX pin connector is in questionable shape. I switched away from Microsoft Windows to Apple everything. I can load a Windows 7 operating system on my MacBook Pro and was wondering if anybody else has tried it before I took the plunge? I have older aluminum body MacBook Pro with the CD drive and USB ports. And I bought on Ebay a Hitachi DR EX/ZX USB connector to Hitachi excavator side PIN connector for the computer under the seat. But the small CD that came with the made in China Ebay Hitachi DR EX/ZX doesn't work, my computers say it wasn't finalized. I think I can get a copy of the Hitachi CD with DR EX/ZX software to load, or find the software online somewhere. Just wondering if this is posible on Apple or Mac operating system, and if anybody had tried it on here? Any input helpful, it would save me the trouble from buying a Microsoft laptop to run old Windows 7, and more complications. I don't see why HITACHI doesn't make a modern affordable troubleshooting package available for Microsoft and Apple computers that isn't a subscription. They make great excavators but support for older equipment electronically is sketchy. Any help appreciated thanks in advance.

Replies1
  1. #1tool_king2019-03-25 23:40

    I have not tried running it on a a Mac with windows 7 .But it should we fine .I run it on my windows 7 and xp laptops with no problems. What is your email address? I can send you some stuff to try .