Hi all. Unfortunately, I left the window open on my Hitachi during all the rain, and it looks like the lower computer unit (ECU/PCB – not sure of the correct name) has been water damaged. I’ll attach a couple of photos. It blows fuses 4 and 7 instantly, and the ECU starts smoking from the board, so I’m pretty confident it’s cooked. My question is: is it worth replacing the computer, or should I go with a manual conversion kit? My concern is that when it shorted it may have damaged other components like the solenoids or sensors as well. I’m leaning towards the manual conversion kit, but I have a couple of questions for anyone who’s done one: Do you lose the fast/slow track speed function? What do you do about the electronic throttle? If you bought a manual throttle would you mind attaching a link? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Thanks for all your help. Here’s some pics.
I should note that the top computer still seems to be working. It’s the bottom computer that is fried with the manual kit. Do you get rid of both computers?
Is that the machine in the foreground of the pic ? Looks like an EX100-2 or -3 . How was the hydraulic performance before the PVC controller got wet ? Does the engine speed change with the key pad buttons ? Are the PVC wiring harness connector terminals clean ? ie: not a green mess. Find attatched some resistance specs for the sensors and solenoids relating to the PVC. If everything mentioned pans out ,I would not hesitate to invest in a PVC. . . . .
Okay thanks. I’ll test all these. The machine is the 120–2. I repainted it. Everything works perfect before the controller got wet and all the wiring seems to being perfect shaved. It was only worked for about a week but none of the engine speed buttons work because it keeps blowing the fuse.
Fuses 4 and 7 power the PVC (the lower controller). The engine up/ down speed buttons should still continue to control the engine speed without a working PVC. Fuses 2 and 5 power the engine controller EC (the upper controller), is one of those fuses blown ? If fuses 2 and 5 are OK, does the LED lamp on the EC flash approximately once per second with the key on ?
Is it possible you could send me your number and I could give you a ring?
Check your forum messages.
Hard to believe an open wi dow would kill a computer on equipment meant to be outside. Lots of excavators don't have cabs, or glass.
If the engine is turbocharged , then I am mistaken about it being an EX100-2 or -3 .