Hi! I am working on a Hitachi EX-120-2 machine. The hydraulics work fast and the engine pulls down during operation. I know the pump is at full swash but having trouble figuring out the cause. The only code is 22 for main pump malfunction. I have 24 volts to the solonoids & have switched the wires and solonoids to opposite locations.Still the same. I purchased DR.ZX and was wondering if anyone has used it on a dash 2 machine. I can read codes but not sure how to get data. I am using epvc for large machine menu. Anyone have a users manual? Thanks!
fault code 22 this are the causes and parts to check: 1. angle sensor 2. high speed solenoid valve. 3. pvc check all the wiring of this parts for gound and the parts itself if busted. 24v is always constant on the solenoid because this is controlled by ground. on the dr zx. you need to use epvc mid not large. hope this helps.
Thanks for the help! I have checked the solonoid wiring back to the pvc and its ok. I'm not sure how to test the angle sensor so I was hopeful Dr.ZX would read it. I was unable to establish communication at all on the mid-size menu but I didn't try more than once. I'll try it again now that I know that is where I am suppose to be.
what version is your dr zx.? is it palm version? try to rotate the socket 180 degree and link it.
Rotate socket? You can't rotate the connector it's keyed. Oldest version will Work on -2 machines. Dr Zx is only on Palm unless your running Win DR which is PC. Make sure the connector is on the right side (while facing seat) if will not connect make sure all 5amp fuses are good. Also if possible try and connect to another machine. I have a trick I came up with for Hitachi/Deere engineers, go to manual stroke of pump/s and then exit software. Go back to software and go to readings then you can monitor CC rather than voltage which is a junk way of adjusting angle sensors anyway. The pumps will stay in stroke even though you exited the software. Sort of a glitch.... But a good one at that. Actually they may be only for Zx models, but at least you know now. Hahahah.
i know its keyed but it works on mine.
I have the pc version of DR.ZX which is a palm emulator. There is a picture of a palm pilot on the screen and then you use it to run the program. The connector cable is a little strange. It almost looks backwards when its plugged in, but thats the only way it goes. Thanks for the help! I'll try again later today.
ic. thats what im thinking you got the emulator type. i have one of those and its not working. they say it only works on windows xp or older version of windows. i have not tried it cause i dont have the older OS. if you are using vista and up it will not work.
No need for the emulator setup, you can get Win Dr which is the PC version of DR ZX and its more stable. I still like the Palm better just am always dragging around my laptop from machine to machine, so its nice sometimes to just have a Palm on hand. I recently just installed our Deere system on a SnapOn Verdict 07 which is a Tablet PC about the size of an IPad. Now that thing is awesome and easy to haul around.
I was able to communicate with my machine using the "mid-size" menu this afternoon. I have all the sensors available to look at. I didn't have a lot of time to spend on it, but I did do a little playing. No obviously bad sensors. I had the pump in machanical overide and the angle sensor read 6 degrees, pressure sensor 3.8 mpa, pressure differential moved when dig controls were operated & speed sensor was ok. I took the pump out of overide and the angle sensor changed to around 25. You guys have been a huge help!!!
what PC operating system you are using? im just curious.
I used xp. Had an issue getting the driver to install but company sent me a different one and it worked. They did say It would not work on Vista.
nsigler I were did you get the hitachi program for the computer set up ?I also sent you a private message.
E-Bay (Imported from Hong Kong). I saw it on a bunch of other sites also......I tried buying it from the Hitachi dealer but was told it was for dealers only and they sent me WinDR for customers instead. The cable they sent me would not fit my machine so I sent it back. After reading the documentation I thought it only read codes and told you how the machine was used or abused over the course of time.
nsigler Could you give me a call tomorrow at 1-201-832-1606 if you would .
That's not exactly how it works anymore, the 6 pin connector a few years ago was only for reading the ICX or MIC. That controller is the "Black Box" the 4 pin connector harness is for the PVC/ECM depending on model of course. WIN DR today does not work like you were describing anymore, if you want more info pm me.
Sorry; Repairing this stuff is all new to me. I asked the dealer for DR.ZX and they sent me "WinDR for customers" instead. I read some of the documentation for it (not all of it) and when I saw the six pin cable I didn't think it would work on my machine. I did't ask if they had a cable to fit my pvc. I would be interested to know what this program works on because the parts man was upset when I returned it. It was special order and he didn't think anyone else would be interested in it. I'll send you a PM later. Any thoughts on my problem machine?