Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX100-3 Engine loading up

ian douglas ยท 2014-07-16 22:56

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help. Its a 1998 grey machine. Yeah I know, 1st mistake. Bought it with bad pump and had it rebuilt at trusted shop. All functions slow and engine loading up. Took it to John Deere dealer, 2nd mistake. They adjusted angle sensor and helped with speed of functions but engine still loading up. Fuel system cleaned, pump and injectors rebuilt. Still loading engine. I think must be a sensor not working properly. They say they don't know what to do ( go figure ) and think its pump. Any suggestions what to look for? I really need to close the money hole on this thing and get it to work. Been dealing with this for 6 months and am about ready for mental institution

Replies7
  1. #1dieseltech2014-08-01 20:14

    Hi There I would be looking at either a faulty pump pressure sensor or a faulty differential pressure sensor (in the valve block)or the wiring to them.

  2. #2patber2014-08-01 22:35

    Scan it with Dr Zx and post the results.Thank you.

  3. #3CDNDIESELMONKEY2014-08-02 07:33

    Change your main relief valve.

  4. #4daof42014-08-02 17:42

    I am kind of with CDNDIESELMONKEY on this BUT i would strip down main relief valve and check componants We had on that was badly worn on the little trigger valve (in the upper most part of valve) I think some one adjusted it to raise press on MRV, That was fine but if it got into the wrong pos (as it was worn ovel) this machine would either load engine to stall OR one pump would not come onto stroke Just time to check and have a look see (You will need to adjust your MRV Press after this)

  5. #5ian douglas2014-08-30 21:24

    Up date, finally got all electrical system checked out and all good. Back to pump shop to let them figure out what they did or didn't do. Impatiently waiting on them

  6. #6CDNDIESELMONKEY2014-09-01 09:27

    Did you change the MRV?

  7. #7ian douglas2015-02-06 23:37

    Finally got machine fixed . New solenoids on pump. I'm a happy camper now. Does anyone know the lift capacity on this machine (EX100-3)? No decals on machine.