Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex120-2 drzx connection problem

maineplower · 2021-04-24 12:09

I’m trying to diagnose a problem with my travel speed not changing and being jerky when the rpm’s are up. I have the palm version of drzx and I keep getting connection problem. Any advice? Thanks

Replies21
  1. #1mg23612021-04-25 05:18

    Looking into your diagnostic connector, pin 1 is top left, pin 2 is top right, pin 3 is bottom left and pin 4 is bottom right. What voltages do you have at each pin. Also check your Pump and Valve controller. Is the green light on top of it flashing once a second?

  2. #2maineplower2021-04-25 05:56

    I will check the voltage in a few hours, lights are flashing red.

  3. #3maineplower2021-04-25 08:46

    Pin 4 is the only one with voltage 4.5 volts

  4. #4mg23612021-04-26 04:47

    I cannot remember if it is supposed to be green or red. I don't think the color is important at the moment. If they are flashing once a second then PVC should be ok. If it is flashing a random pattern then it is flashing a diagnostic code. Pin 3 should have had approximately 1 volt. Did you check the 1A fuses #4 and #7?

  5. #5maineplower2021-04-26 06:15

    The lights are blinking normally. If I short pin 2&4 it flashes code 26.

  6. #6mg23612021-04-26 11:54

    Open circuit in the DP sensor circuit (sensor or wiring/connector).

  7. #7maineplower2021-04-26 12:00

    Yes I’ve gone through the checks in the manual and the dp sensor failed, I have one on order. I still can’t connect the drzx palm to the machine. I’ve tried reversing the connection and still no luck.

  8. #8RPMex2021-04-26 19:48

    I purchase a Dr Zx and it would not connect to my 1996 Ex100-2. I ended up downloading the MPDr buying the interface cable and that worked just fine. Good luck!

  9. #9maineplower2021-04-26 19:50

    What’s the part number for the cable?

  10. #10RPMex2021-04-26 19:57

    This is the interface tool number from hitachi /deere 4476512 that will have the four pin plug on it. JD can get you one in a few days. If your close to Corinth you could use mine.

  11. #11maineplower2021-04-26 20:02

    Thanks for the offer. I’m in old orchard beach, I’ll probably just buy one. Thanks again!

  12. #12maineplower2021-05-06 10:45

    I changed the dp sensor not much difference. The travel speed is still jerky when trying to move in anything other then full reverse or forward. There is also a slight hydraulic noise like a relief valve when operating the machine, the hydraulic oil also gets very hot after a while . The machine operates smooth (other then travel) motor doesn’t bog runs fine. Any ideas???

  13. #13mg23612021-05-06 12:07

    How hot is hot. Was the temperature measured? I would check system relief pressure and propel crossover relief pressure.

  14. #14maineplower2021-05-06 12:16

    I didn’t measure the temperature but it was real hot to touch hydraulic components. I need to get a hydraulic pressure test kit. What size fittings will I need?

  15. #15mg23612021-05-06 12:23

    Don't know. I have limited information on the 120-2. If you have the manual you should be able to figure it out from that. If you get MPDr you can check some pressures with that.

  16. #16maineplower2021-05-06 15:44

    Where do I get mpdr? The dealer?

  17. #17shopguy2021-05-06 19:15

    PM tool king he will help you out with that

  18. #18mg23612021-05-07 04:31

    Nope. It is actually a dealer only tool but there are piroted versions out there on the web. See RP's post #9 above.

  19. #19Bigdavis412024-04-20 23:33

    I bough a 4476512 off ebay and it didnt have anyway to connect to serial port. Is there a cable that i need to connect to computer?

  20. #20RPMex2024-04-21 17:17

    I’ll have to check I thought it plugged right into the usb port but it’s been a bit and it’s at my shop. I’ll check tomorrow and let you know

  21. #21Bigdavis412024-04-21 19:20

    Will you post a picture of setup you have please.