Hi everyone I have a EX120 2 that computors had no pwer out put to controls on anything and a burnt odor was present the engine would die when reaching any port relif pressure and pump remained in full squash plate angle with no regulation of main pump. Without the computors I purchased a manual pump control conversion kit. It seems the box was damaged at a us mail sorting machine i recived no instructions. I contacted vendor and what they sent me was really a joke. No parts list no instruction for installation i recived some jpeg photos with lines connecting parts outlining 3 different pumps or machines. I found a better instruction manual on the internet but having a difficult time being sure i found the port on main control valve...per the instructions the EX120 2 i use a port on the front side of control valve half way down beside the DP switch there is no port plug in that spot can i use a different port for this line. there was a new relif valvein the kit i installed it on top in the middle of control valve i assumed the line from control valve sent pressure back to regulator decreasing pump pressure. I capped the line and started machine thinking i would see full pressure again thats not the case it is now at minimum pump pressure and will not do much at all very slow. If anyone knows where this signal line to main control valve goes i would be very greatful. Im sure i have other lined and valve blocks on prooerly. But any advice will be greatly appreciated. . Lex
Check out this thread, particularly the last few posts and send a PM to the guy that actually got "instructions" HeavyEquipmentForums Hopefully it will shed some light even though it's a different model....
I figured out the hoses but still not right. I supect the squash plate is hung up. But when i feel the supply lines they are ridged alot of fluid is running thru to control valve and equilly a lot of fluid is flowing right to tank. I turned up the main relif made no difference. I checked pilot pressure at a spool and its the same as at the pump. Can anyone tell me where i have a spring broken or a valve hung up sending fluid back to tank. Tomorrow i will have gauges and adptors to mesure pressures better. Original problem was both computors burnt up and the machine was killing the engine when you have a cylinder bottom out it worked better if two functions at once were pulled like tracks or swing and any boom function it would speed up until resistance was on the boom or bucket then kill motor. Any help will be appreciated
Also when i pull a lever i hear the engine labor a little bit still not moving
Pump regulation is my isssue . And someone turned all relifs down trying to stop engine from dieing...would the owner tell me any of that...no this sob does not think i can make this machine work at 80%. Lol