Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX150 serial # help

vandect ยท 2013-02-21 07:39

Hey guys, new to sight, but tons of great info here... I have an older Hitachi excavator (EX150) at our farm, and we were looking to find the serial #. It appears the tag on the front right cab corner is gone. I think there was some #'s stamped under where the tag was, but they are no longer readable. Any ideas where else we could get the #. I did pull the serial # off the engine block (4BD1T Isuzu) and that was 990810. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1sk1202013-02-21 08:39

    Usually stamped between main lifting rams

  2. #2vandect2013-02-21 08:55

    Thanks for the reply. We looked in that area, but found nothing. I have been crawling all over this machine for 2 days with a wire brush and starting to think this is a lost cause. Hitachi is now saying they can't track it with the motor serial #.

  3. #3FP-Z712013-02-21 22:23

    I will look tomorrow at work and see if I can find something, either by the engine serial or frame location.