Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX200 left track lagging

daddytrav ยท 2015-03-02 11:47

Hitachi EX200 Left track is lagging. When I actuate both tracks, the left track moves with little power. I rebuilt the center joint/rotary manifold and have some improvement from before. Initially the track had almost no movement and now it moves, but still lagging. The odd thing is that when I actuate any other control, I get full power out of the left track. I just crack any other control and full power. I am at a loss. All hydraulics seem to be slow moving. Swing is quite slow, boom, arm, bucket, Everything. about 1/4 of what it should be. Any Ideas? Thanks P.S. straight EX200. No dash#

Replies12
  1. #1Bob/Ont2015-03-02 12:37

    Don't know much about your machine but when you hit another function it likely goes into equalized travel the good pump running both tracks. Check the hyd filters and if they aren't full of metal you likely have only a pump control problem, maybe wiring. Later Bob

  2. #2daddytrav2015-03-02 13:40

    Thanks for the reply. I will check the filters and go from there.

  3. #3joeblow2015-03-03 17:07

    If the left track is weak then you probably have a problem with the rear pump.Bob/Ont was right when he said that thing about one pump controlling both tracks.When you use a dig function and propel at the same time the flow combiner valve kicks in and separates the two so you don't misstrack. If it is a single pump problem then the bucket should be normal and the swing slow or visa-versa. What I have seen most often on high hour machines is the swash plate stick in the end cap of the pump.The cheapest fix is to just replace the swash plate and the pump end cap instead of the whole pump. You can do the job with the pump attached to the machine but it is a good practice to remove the pump and replace the front pump seal at the same time.

  4. #4daddytrav2015-03-30 14:25

    Thanks Joeblow. I really appreciate the response. I am new to excavators but not to hydraulics and mechanics. Thanks to your answer I have a better understanding of how that specific part of the system works. I will update with any solutions I discover. Thanks again, Daddytrav

  5. #5daddytrav2015-03-30 18:18

    Joeblow, I have a parts manual, but there is no breakdown on the pump. Do you by chance know where I would find a swash plate and end cap?

  6. #6daddytrav2015-03-31 17:09

    found them here just in case anyone ever needs to know. http://www.metaris.com/catalogs/Hitachi-Parts-Product-Listing-V15-2.pdf

  7. #7wabco2017-04-27 22:46

    hey joeblow mate you you still alive

  8. #8joeblow2017-04-28 02:53

    How can I help you?

  9. #9wabco2017-04-28 04:39

    thanks joeblow about to have another crack at the hitachi every man and his dog has had a go including me my smart arse mates when they want to put **** on me ask whens the hitachi going to work i like your idea check num 7check valve i wil do that that then report back in thanks wabco

  10. #10joeblow2017-04-28 13:17

    Just so we are looking at the same thing,could you take a picture of the pumps and send it to me.Hitachi made some gray market stuff that we didn't get in our part of the world.The dash 1 was nearly bullet proof and then they came out with the dash 3 which is a completely different hydraulic system. They did have a grey market dash 2 which was a complete disaster and then they came out with a dash 5 which was more like the dash 1 .

  11. #11C.l.knight2022-02-06 21:09

    Daddytrav did you figure out what was wrong with your hitachi excavator? I have one that it doing the same. One side tracks slower than the other until I hit another function and then both sides track the same. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

  12. #12uffex2022-02-07 04:08

    Good day You can down load diagnostic instructions from the website excatech.org go library > scroll to the bottom . common issues . H2 weak crawlers. Hope that is of help. Kind regards Uffex