Having a problem starting my Hitachi EX35-2 excavator with a kubota V1505 1996 engine. Firstly it was running then spluttered stopped and would not start. Thought it was fuel problem and checked the filter bowl, no filter. Have now gone through the whole system, new filter fitted, all hoses replaced, new electric fuel pump fitted, injection pump overhauled, checked resistance of glow plugs ok. Injectors l have tested appear to be ok. Checked the injection pump solenoid working fine. I have had it started but it ran for 5 minutes then slowly the revs dropped off and stopped. I thought the injection pump was worn and losing pressure this is why I had the injection pump overhauled. Refitted the injection pump but I seem to be getting very little pressure at the injectors. I am starting to tear my hair out with this problem anybody have any ideas or possible solutions.
Some solenoids are energized to shut off and some are energized to run.. If its a 3 wire sol. it might be dropping off when it gets warm. I'd take it out of the system all together.. and then try it again. You say it has an electric feed pump.. run it into a bucket for a few minutes to make sure that's not dropping out..
Pull the banjo bolt out of the fuel line at the injection pump and check for debris clogging things up either in the hollow bolt or in the banjo itself, make sure you have good flow from the bleeder when you purge the air out of the system.