Have lost almost all power to one side of travel only in forward. If i hold blade up or move blade power is restored. I am being told it is a spool issue. Is this hard to fix on own or is there anyone good to have this type of work done. Once one spool is being worked on should all of them be rebuilt.
Has the blade also lost its power ? 9 out of 10 problems with hydraulics acting funny with the track motors and blade usually indicate a problem with rotary manifold.
X2 on the rotary joint, reseal it.
hitachi ex55ur blade has not lost power. using blade at same time restores power to forward travel of right track
hitachi ex55ur Is this seal part of a valve (spool) or part of pump. I am ower/ operator not a mechanic. Sorry i do not know much about it. Thank you for help. Looking for knowledge so i can instruct someone to perform work.
In the center of the rotation bearing there is a rotary manifold or as some say, swivel joint, that carries oil from the top half of the machine down to the track motors and the blade. The seals in these often get bad, I am guessing that by appplying pressure to the blade it is pushing a leaking seal from the opposite side causing it to seal temporarily. Could be something else, but it's the thing that typically causes track drive problems. Should be eight or nine seals from top to bottom. Here's a generic drawing, not for your machine but just to give you an ideal what they are:
Hi I have the same digger hitachi ex55ur with the same right foward track problem. I have had my center joint seals replaced but this did not repair the fault, I swapped hoses at the valve bank and the problem went to the left track.So im thinking its not a final drives.Did you get yours sorted ?
If your machine has a problem in one direction on one track only then first check control lever is moving full stroke, clean under the pedal. Dirty boots lol have seen this so many times. A pressure test is the first thing to do, jam tracks and test fwd/rev on both sides. if bad track is very different to good one then I'd switch valves around in the motor. Blank off the travel motor hoses and pressure test, if still bad then motor ok. switch hoses at main control valve with travel motor hoses still blanked off and re test, if problem moves to other travel hose then the problem lies with the rotary coupling/ center joint seals.
Thanks for that good advice .Checked pressurses at the track motor end 3000 psi both forward and revers functioned with track motor loaded up.I also checked both my track motor drain under load which checked out ok, I then swapped the hoses at the track motor and my drive came back forward by operating my reverse lever but now no reverse by operating the forward control lever. This being the result , the trackmotor can be ruled out of being the problem. Thinking it may be losing oil flow from the center joint I need to test this, by connecting a spare long hose , to the pressure, forward control valve outlet to my right side track motor inlet port . This gave me full forward function back to my track motor.This is a good test to see if its in your center joint especially if you dont have a flow meter.You only have to make up a few connections and a couple of hose to by pass that center joint. Now I no its the center joint the easy part begins.
Glad u got to the bottom of it man... Happy days