Hi everyone, I recently had some problem with the center joint on my 1996 Hitachi EX75UR-3 Excavator. Hose were a bit tangled up. The stopper tat prevent rotation just felled at the bottom, one loose screw an one broken. It remove it and tore it apart, planing to inspect it an replace the seals while i am at it. There is some damage where the ball bearing rides, probably cause by the previous guy that worked on it (all hoses around the center joint have been replaced at some point), i might also have contribute to it. The part number is Hitachi #9114281 I am looking for options, dealer want 7000$ for it. I'm in contact with a few Chinese supplier, some say it is currently out of stock, other says it can be replaced by another model by plugging holes. (Hitachi #9193338/ 9196167). See images below. I am not sure about it, it is different and mounting holes for the stopper are on top of hydraulic ports instead of below. I will also look with a local hydraulic machine shop that might be able to re-machine the damaged surfaces. I would like to have you advice. Thank you
# 9114281 Also used on a Deere 80 excavator. Try part #’s 9114283 or Deere reman AT182280 . Continental Hydraulics in Montreal got me out of a jam back in the day, try them for a repair.
Can you get us a picture of the damage?
Thank you Dave for the contact.
Here is some pictures. Looks like it got hamered down upon reassembly in the past, causing ball bearing mark all around. Vertical mark are probably from disassembly while the part not being upside down. Thanks!
Here is some aditional pictures
I wouldn't worry about the dents in the housing, they are from the balls (#18 in the parts schematic) riding between the post and the housing. Alot of the rebuilders turn down the post and replace the balls with a brass bushing. I have resealed many that looked like this without any issues. When you re-assemble it you push the post into the housing until there is just enough room to fit the balls in, then you place it into a press and push the post the rest of the way in. It's a tight fit. The dents in the sealing area of the post are questionable, depending on how deep they actually are, I would take a file and then some emery cloth and see if you can clean them up. These center joints are pretty forgiving.
Thank you for your advice!