Hitachi EX55UR. Had a fuel leak and found that someone had put an inline filter of the wrong size in. Of course, in the course of trying to get the lift pump bolts back in after getting the filter in, both wires snapped off at the lift pump. Must have been ready to go at any time. Now we are told that a new filter - by the way, the computer at Nortrax and the parts manual I have has an invalid #. They are telling me that a new pump - which supplies a Nissan TD23 engine - will take 2-3 wks. to get here from Japan. Cost is $350+ with another $170 + for shipping. Can anyone tell me what I might interchange with the original JKC (no number on it) lift pump. It's just an in-line pump with 3/8" stubs on either end (and the 2 wires, of course). If I had some idea of the psi for pump pressure and gallons per minute, I could search for a subsititute - or if anybody has a machine with a Nissan TD23, if you could respond with your make and model machine, maybe that would yield some information. Thanks for reading - I'd appreciate any light anyone can shed on this.
No help on the pump, but I've broken off wires like that. Take a sharp wood chisel, or utility knife and carve out whatever the wire is coming out of just enough to get another wire "tangled up" with it, solder those together and then use JB weld to cover up the joint, almost good as new. On the other hand, you're probably fine with any old pump you have sitting around or some 5 PSI pump from your helpful auto parts place.
Komatsu PC55MR-3 takes a Kommie YM129612-52100 probably about the same pump. Anderson has, shows $254.50. As Delmer says any universal fuel pump rated for diesel should be fine I would think.
I've replaced some with a universal inline diesel pump from NAPA and have had no problems. If I remember right $50.00-$75.00?
Took awhile to get back to you and want, first, to thank everyone for taking the time to help out. Wires were not able to be fixed and wound up getting a universal pump as suggested. $60 rather than the almost $600 and wait time. Took longer to get back to the job because of other calamities - Murphy's been sneaking in nights, I swear. Now, bled the fuel system this morning, and it started right up. BUT the system light comes on and there is an alarm (collision?? guessing here) and the hydraulics won't operate. Everything worked fine when it was parked for the fuel pump/filter adventure. Any ideas?