Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ZX200LC Throttle Calibration Issue

Jason B · 2018-10-23 11:05

Hey Guys!!! I have a ZX200LC Hitachi that is driving me crazy. The engine RPM was not correct when the customer brought it to me. High Idle was 2400 and low Idle was 1500. I adjusted the high idle stop to bring rpm down to 2250 and then attempted the EC motor calibration. Every time I calibrate I end up with a different result. Sometimes it goes straight to high idle and then won't shut off with the key. Sometimes its at 900 rpm idle but then won't rev above 1100. This is just repeating the calibration, not adjusting anything manually. I have DR.ZX on palm pilot and have been watching the readings. The dial voltage is perfect from 0.6 volts at idle to 4.5 volts at full throttle consistently when turning. The EC motor position voltage is getting a reading and shows 2.6 volts at idle and 3.1 volts at full throttle when I luck out and happen to get full throttle. I just cannot get a good calibration to stick. If I get a calibration where I get full throttle, then low idle is way too high. I cannot achieve a calibration where i get a good enough range of RPM to hit low and high idle properly. The throttle cable is in the furthest hole out on the lever. Any ideas would be great. Going to go after the throttle cable right now and verify that it isn't causing it by being sticky or stretched.

Replies8
  1. #1Jason B2018-10-25 11:28

    Cable works perfect. Ordered a new EC motor. Will update with findings.

  2. #2mg23612018-10-26 04:58

    Maybe this will help.

  3. #3uffex2018-10-26 13:02

    Good day Jason Could you post us a photo of the linkage to the motor we had a similar experience with another product but not sure if there is any connection. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Jason B2018-10-27 18:45

    Sorry uffex, machine is gone now. I installed a new EC motor complete. It calibrate perfect the first time and rpms are bang on now. I was hesistant to spend the $750 on a new one, but wish I wouldn’t have wasted the better part of a day screwing around with the old one now.

  5. #5Jason B2018-10-30 11:22

    That’s great info to have. Thank you. I checked and the voltages were correct on this one but I still could not get it to calibrate. I’m pretty sure my only fix this time was a replacement.

  6. #6DBarron2018-11-05 19:22

    Perform engine learning after repair. Should be able to do so by turning key on and dial to 100% waiting 10 sec then turn key off wait 10sec and turn dial to 0%. Start engine and test operation.

  7. #7DBarron2018-11-05 19:23

    I can’t recall if zx200 has engine learning micro switch as well. It is located in can day block.

  8. #8mg23612018-11-06 04:48

    Push engine learning switch up to top position. The switch is a three position switch. Make sure it is in the top position. Turn key switch ON. Wait 5 seconds. Turn key switch OFF. Wait 5 seconds. Push engine learning switch to middle position.