Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi zx450 lc3. Ignition/power issue

chris dials · 2023-12-09 18:21

I’ve got a hitachi 450 lc3. The other day it didn’t want to shut off with the key. So I used the switch under the seat. Now I cannot get the key switch to work at all to shut off the machine. And the monitor stays on. So the battery goes dead. Also I now have no hydraulic flow, machine has all the power just no speed. All happened at the same time. I replaced the ignition/key switch hoping that would help. Nope.

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612023-12-10 06:03

    With the monitor on, ground the Blue/Yellow wire that is on the back of the alternator to a good ground. Did the monitor go out?

  2. #2chris dials2023-12-10 17:09

    No it didn’t do anything. So when I fire the machine up first thing after it going dead, I immediately have speed and power in the hydraulics. But within 15 seconds all my speed goes away like a switch is shut off

  3. #3mg23612023-12-11 04:34

    So the engine does not die, you just lose throttle control?