I have a Zaxis 200 that overheats while turning compost piles. I am thinking that is has to do with the high ambient temperature in the piles. The machine overheats in the fresh end of the piles and not in the completed end. Was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and if anyone has any suggestions as to how to solve the issue. I have already checked belt tension, radiator and coolant condition, filters, water pump. All things mechanically check out. Thank You for any help.
Are you running at full throttle ?
yes
I can only speak to the 160's but there's a screen in front of the radiator which you can pull out and clean. Also between the radiator and the fan shroud is some foam insulation that tends to disappear. If it's missing, the fan will pull air down in front of the radiator instead of through it. 2 cents. (Our shop used to be in Clearview)
We used to have a Deere 200CLC with the same problem. It would get heated up anytime I would work it hard. I finally got ahold of the right person at my dealership and he knew what to do. When they switched from the 200LC to the 200CLC's Deere put a larger fan pulley slowing the fan down. They did this to lower the decibels of the machine. He just sent me a pulley and belt for a 200LC and it never did it again. I'm not sure if this ties together with mine having a Deere engine and yours having an Izuzu, but its worth asking someone that knows.
As was mentioned throw out the screen in front of the radiator. Check between the radiator and the hydraulic cooler. While the cores may look clean, the space between them may look like a horse blanket got sucked in there. If you are running a 50 - 50 mix on anti freeze, drain some and make it say a 70-30 mix. It makes a difference. Etheline Glycol is oil based and doesn`t dissipate heat as good as water does. If I ever called DTAC about overheat issues and had not removed the screen and check the anti freeze mix, their next reply was call us after those things get done. Also make sure the engine is running at correct RPM, if not get it reset. The pulley won`t matter if the engine isn`t going fast enough to start with.