Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Weak slew & blade on Volvo ec55

Bwhitney ยท 2014-06-09 07:22

My 2002 Volvo ec55 has weak slew and blade As soon as its on a hill it wont slew and the blade won't lift the machine with any weight over it. I was thinking a pressure relief valve but I don't really know. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2014-06-09 09:47

    Good day Bwhitney I guess this is what you are looking for. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Bwhitney2014-06-11 23:28

    Thanks uffex is there numbers on the diagram that relate to the table? I can't see them. What is the best way to check these valves? Thanks.

  3. #3uffex2014-06-12 05:01

    Good day Bwhitney Please email me at [email protected] this way I can send you illustrations in PDF format that are much clearer, I suggest that your problem is far more likely to be the pump. Relief valve rarely give rise to the problem you are experiencing, ingress from a failing pump can jamb them completely open but this is not the case with your machine. We recommend you begin by measuring the pump pressure while you bottom out the blade cylinder, do this with full engine speed and idle. The pump is a gear wheel type and less expensive to fix than a main pup unit. If you are unsure we can provide some illustrations to help you fix the Ec55. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4jar22014-06-12 05:34

    Sounds like the seals in the swivel joint could be gone. Cheers, Josh

  5. #5jar22014-06-12 05:50

    Sorry, actually I just re-read your post, it wouldn't be the seals; the little gear pump could be gone, at least that's what it was on my little Yanmar. Josh.