I just put chains on the backhoe for the upcoming storm, and took the opportunity to look around under my 2015 Deere 310L. I noticed that one of the hydraulic hoses that provides fluid to the cylinder that moves the rear backhoe arm to the right has been rubbing against the frame of the tractor, nearly wearing it through. The hose comes out of the cylinder, and loops around 180 degrees in the opposite direction. It's about 2 feet long. The loop is big enough so that it rubs. Not sure why this is happening, as I can't imagine Deere would design it this way. Any ideas?
If you’re talking about the 2 jumper hoses between the swing cylinders, the 2 hoses are identical. Possibly one has a twist in it when installed allowing the frame rub. Screenshot from parts catalog below.
It’s number 11. It doesn’t look twisted. When the backhoe back arm goes toward the driver’s door, the hose hits on the passenger side frame. I’ll post a picture tomorrow.
You can twist the hose by breaking it loose and tweaking it before tightening it down. The hose could have been replaced with a different type of hose that either bends more easily or doesn’t, causing more of a radius or more flexibility.
It could have been replaced with the wrong length hose. A few inches can make a big difference in a hose that moves that much.