Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hose type for side shift and other carriage attachments? Hyster H80XM

LCA078 ยท 2026-01-04 09:13

Hyster H80XM fork with sideshift. I'm resealing the side shift and would like to replace the hoses that feed it but I can't read any numbers on the hose. These hoses are looped in the mast and thus bend/flex with every up/down movement of the fork. I'm assuming these are not standard hydraulic hoses but have no idea what to ask for at the hydraulic shop. What type of hose is best for the constant looping/bending?

Replies6
  1. #1funwithfuel2026-01-04 09:23

    Hopefully you have a Parker or Danfoss store near you. Parker in particular has hose that resists chafing and flexes all different directions. The challenge with a single hose bending on both an X & Y axis is that when charged with pressure they tend to twist in the direction of flex which may result in loosening fittings. You may want to interrupt the bend with bulkhead fittings and swivels. Just my opinion. Good luck

  2. #2crane operator2026-01-04 09:31

    Maybe synflex hose. Its pretty good about bending and it doesn't stretch. We've got it on a crane telescope section, and it makes a couple tight bends over guide wheels. Nothing else but synflex works on those.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2026-01-04 09:46

    Only problems with Synflex is the coating starts cracking in a couple of years.

  4. #4LCA0782026-01-04 11:40

    Thanks for the quick responses. I googled synflex and it appears to be the right hose for the job. I need to double check what's on the fork as I'm sure it's not original and probably not even the right hose from how it doesn't easily follow the lift. Synflex appears made by Danfoss but I'm sure Parker also has an equivalent. @Harley Also, this fork stays indoors so cracking from UV is not an issue. At least I'm assuming you mean cracking from outdoor exposure... More to follow on this...

  5. #5Tony Wells2026-01-04 15:53

    You'll want a spiral reinforced hose rather than a braided hose for anything that moves much or needs flexibility. That's what you'll find on reels and around tight bends on cranes and lifts. Two wire is more flexible than four, but gives up a higher pressure rating. Not a huge concern on a side shift installation.

  6. #6TD242026-01-06 15:51

    While you have the truck down and the s/shift being resealed, why not remove the hoses and take them down to a good hydraulic hose shop to get duplicated. Same quality/brand; or equivalent, proper lengths and similar fittings'.