I think I will tell Santa I need a Power Washer for Christmas. Need advice on what brands seem to give the best service? (Can we name names on this site?)What PSI should I buy for dirty greasy dirt moving iron? I think they all put out Hot Water that is just under the steam point or am I wrong on this. Seems like 50 years ago when I was a Pup we used Steam Cleaners that really melted the grease. I plan to get one with a Gas Engine for power then mount it on a truck with a water tank to run around with. Also thought I might use it for thawing frozen sewer lines now and then when I want some extra winter fun, Ha! Thanks, Cat 236 Alaska
Cat; I got a used Multiquipt (sp) 3000 from CMI for 50% of new price. They sell there shop units ever 2 years or so so they have a new one to work with. Does just like you said puts out about 200 degree water using #2 diesel. using #1 it puts out around 160 degrees. If you are mounting it outside on a truck take into account it will freeze so get one that is easy to drain every day.
Thanks for the get back Hey Dawn Thanks, That is interesting on the temp difference between #1 and #2 Diesel.I won,t let it freeze. I,m 302 also 35 yrs. Am up here on the Kenai. KF
If you have the option to leave it stationary we put in a commercial hotwater heater in our shop and just run a high quality hose from the heater to a standard pressure washer. The commercial water heaters recover fast. Ours was natural gas so we never had to refill it with diesel. We also just sprayed hot water through the garden hose when we didn't need the pressure.
I use 150 degree water at 4000 psi. I have found the trick is to use heat. A little rig wash helps.