Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hour meter on a John-Deere 690B 1980

Andre Grondin ยท 2011-04-12 09:05

Hello ! I just bought a old J-D 690B and I was wondering if the hour is connected with the alternator or if it is connected differently ? I'm waiting for my Tech manual to come in,but I was wondering if someone from this great forum could help me out . Regards

Replies2
  1. #1flekr2011-08-29 07:52

    the hour meter on my 690 is on the engine.....

  2. #2Andre Grondin2011-08-29 08:30

    Hi ! I did not have much time lately to work on my excavator but from what I found it seems that is connected to the alternator but I also found it still does not work so I will have to re-check the wiring again and also connect the meter directly to a 12v source to make sure it still good .