The IH with the automatic was sold so I inquired more about the 1994 Ford L9000 and got some more photo's. It's a former plow truck and doesn't appear to be rusted real bad. The box has some rust and is a little beat up but the rest of the truck looks OK from the pics. I asked for additional pics and they sent them. Frame looks good, no rust. I don't know how to add pics from an e-mail. It has a 3406 and a front mounted pump that can be shut off. 15 speed and the suspension appears to be Hendrickson not Reyco with a 16K front axle and 40K rears. I figured the description is wrong because they showed a picture of the spec sheet on the door. No oil or hydraulic leaks from what they tell me and the hoist works good. I think they're planning to put in an auction because they threw some paint on the box, wheels and outer frame. They put better tires on it to. They said they have till tomorrow and after that it's gone. They were asking 12.5K. I can't make it to look at it till Saturday and I'm not going to make an offer till I see it person but I think for them an offer is better than gambling on an auction. Do you think I should ask them to hold it till Saturday and if it checks out in person offer around 10K maybe even lower? It may not be the best truck but it will work for my needs and is a popular model if I need parts. Here's the original ad. http://www.alaskanequipment.ca/heav...MP+TRUCK-e5a1b2120a0e08bd0f0122b0c519e7b0.htm Update, just looked on Ritchie Bros and both this truck and the IH are listed. Maybe I should try and get that day off or make a low ball offer?
No replies yet.