Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How are the JD 770CH’s holding up?

g56201 ยท 2007-05-09 23:25

On 7/10/00 I bought a 98 770CH with 1386 hrs. ( I am a owner operator) The unit was used for road blading and snow plowing. Yesterday, 5/8/07, I traded it it off with 15,322 hrs. on the meter. The trans. failed in 01 (under warranty), after that, pretty much maintenance stuff. I replaced it with a 04 770CH Series II. Am wondering how the durability of my old machine compares to other machines? g56201:usa

Replies2
  1. #1J.BobbyM2009-02-20 17:49

    I would guess you have very good maintenance practices. 15,000 hours is good component life by almost any measure. 15,000 to 20,000 hours is considered exceptional service life and your '98 very well could have made that with good maintenance practices

  2. #2MadMax2009-03-11 22:09

    I'm opperating a 97 Deere 772CH bought brand new. It has a little over 12000 hours. I maintain 65-70 miles of gravel secondary roads year-round. Engine oil changes every 100 hrs, hyd.oil changes by the book. Some warrenty items,but never down over a day (an outstanding dealership). Other wise nothing more than normal maintenance items. And still running strong.