Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How do i use hammer mode.

jimbos johndeere ยท 2023-06-22 05:48

I have a john deere 35g and I'm using a VMC rotary cutter, so when I'm using the cutter do I need to switch it over to hammer mode?

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-06-22 08:16

    Welcome to HEF Jimbo That rotary cutter would use one way flow (hammer mode) At the Deere bookstore there in option to download a free copy of the Operators manual. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com

  2. #2Island-digger2023-06-25 21:43

    I have a 35G and I use hammer mode a lot. There is a valve on the side of the machine just below the cab door. It is located behind a removable rubber grommet. Simply remove the grommet and turn the hex head valve with a wrench 90 degrees. putting the machine in hammer mode also makes uncoupling hydraulic quick couplers by hand easier

  3. #3skyking12023-06-26 01:51

    ^ that. Cutter, hammer, plate compactor are one way flow.

  4. #492U 34062023-06-27 09:53

    Back pressure is your enemy with attachments like hammers and stuff with motors. When in doubt, refer to the attachment's manual. They will list flow requirements, backpressure allowance, etc.